Steamed Ginger Pudding

missrat, Sep 12, 4:01am
lost recipe for this, anyone have it and care to share.Needed urgently.Had golden syrup, ginger, but can't remember basics of it. To put in hangi in large tin, & comes out beutiful ( I hope )

nanasee1, Sep 12, 4:11am
My recipe but have never cooked in hangi 100g butter, 1/3c brown sugar,2Tabs golden syrup,1 egg, 2c flour,2 teas ground ginger, 1/2 teas mixed spice,1 teas baking soda, 150ml milk. Melt butter, sugar and syrup, add egg and beat. Mix in dry ingredients with soda dissolved in milk. Optional 1/3c chopped preserved ginger(yum!)Serves 5-6

missrat, Sep 12, 4:15am
Thanks sonanasee1. Looks like about right to me. Got to make 6 tomorrow. !!

snowflake11, Sep 18, 7:40am
Bumping `

gardie, Sep 18, 7:20pm
bump - I've gotta try this!

anne1955, Sep 19, 5:51am
Hi I have eaten a good old "edmonds stem pudding" made in A4 tins in a hangi it was the best steamed pudding I have ever, ever eaten worth the hangi being put down for am thinking of one going down for my next B/D more for the pudding unless I can get some eels and other nice treats for it...

winnie231, Sep 25, 1:09am
Here's a good one with instructions: Smiley-Cherub's Old Fashioned Ginger Bread which makes a great steamed pudding: 50gr butter, 1 Tbsp golden syrup, 1 egg, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1C plain flour, 1tsp b/powder, 2tsp ginger, 1tsp mixed spice, 1tsp b/soda, 3/4C milk. In a med saucepan, or in the microwave, gently MELT the butter and golden syrup together. Add egg, and sugar - mix well. Sift and mix in all other ingredients EXCEPT the baking soda. Mix the soda into the milk then stir it into the mix. (Mixture will be runny) Pour into a greased steamed pudding bowl - the mixture is runny. Steam for 2 1/2 hours. Enjoy =)

beaumonde, Sep 27, 7:55am
Yum! Thanks for that one, sounds dreamy..Going to try it out now.

jo341, Sep 28, 4:07am
bumping so I can find these recipes easily later

wron, May 6, 10:53pm
Up to the top Bump