Leftover roast lamb recipes - no potatoes

muffin2, Jan 7, 9:43pm
we had a lovely lamb roast last night and have half of it left in the fridge
I covered it in rosemary and garlic before roasting

I'd like some recipe ideas for it that don't require potatoes - as we had potatoes with it last night

I was thinking of a stir fry but Mrs M said she didn't think that world work.

any other ideas?

jan2242, Jan 7, 9:56pm
What about a salad. Lettuce and tomato and drizzle with mint sauce? I have done this and it was yummy, but it is all a matter of taste.

davidt4, Jan 7, 11:06pm
Caramelise a couple of sliced large onions in olive oil, in a large frying pan, add black olives and roughly chopped tomatoes, cook until all of the liquid has evaporated. Add sliced lamb, salt and pepper, cook over medium heat about 10 minutes until the lamb is slightly browned at the edges. Add lots of chopped parsley and serve hot or warm. I sometimes add capers and/or raisins.

huggy5, Jan 7, 11:34pm
I like leftover lamb in a pide. I mix it up with whatever I have, and serve with lemon wedges and feta.

sophie98, Jan 7, 11:43pm
Lovely in a hot lamb sandwich just microwave the lamb a little to heat.Also nice just sliced and heated in some gravy.

mebloodrunsblu, Jan 8, 12:45am
Shepards pie

punkinthefirst, Jan 8, 1:39am
Cold with a salad
Make it into a curry and serve with rice
A stir fry, but choose the veges carefully
Slice, reheat, serve in a bun with or without gravy or as a lamb burger
Toasted sandwich
Cut up, mix with gravy or sauce and leftover or fresh cooked veges and make a pastey
Pizza with a little sweet chilli sauce in the tomato sauce
Fritters.
Croquettes
. as you can see, the dish is only limited by your imagination.

fifie, Jan 8, 3:59am
Sweet and sour battered meat. Make a batter with 1 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 egg, approximately 3/4 cup milk. Leave the batter to stand whilst preparing the Sauce: 2 tbsp oil, 1 onion diced. 1 carrot (grated), 1 green capsicum (chopped), 2 tbsp each of sugar & tomato sauce, 1 tbsp each of soy sauce & vinegar, 1/2 tsp chopped root ginger, 1 small can pineapple (drained & the juice reserved), cornflour. Heat the oil, then add the onion, carrot & capsicum. Cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, except the reserved juice & cornflour. Bring to the boil, then thicken the sauce with cornflour blended with the reserved juice. Cut leftover meat into 6mm (1/4") thick slices & dip the slices in the batter, then fry them in hot oil. Pour the sauce over the meat to serve.
From Here, not sure who posted it.
If you still have a lot left, lay slices of meat in a ovenproof dish makeup some gravy pour over the slices, cool and freeze. Thaw when wanted and heat slowly in the oven for another roast lamb and gravy meal.

valentino, Jan 8, 4:12am
A Super Sandwich, hmmmm.

Two nice slabs of freshly made home-made bread with butter smeared on both slices, your lamb with a nice homemade tomato sauce or a nice mint sauce-jelly combo and a little selection of other nicely marinated tit-bits or fresh salad items and chomp away into heaven or in my case - make a pig of myself, LOL.

Editing to add my other option, Bruscettas, with some marinated items and el la carte style on the dinner table as if at a picnic.

Cheers

paora-tm, Jan 8, 5:20am
Crikey. potatoes TWO nights in a row. How horrible. lol

petal1955, Jan 8, 6:08am
Get over it. not a cardinal sin !

sarahb5, Jan 8, 6:14am
Salad wrap with hummus and/or tzatziki and lots of spin@ch

samanya, Jan 8, 6:16am
That is what I do & it works a treat.
I have my own home grown lamb, but a leg or fore quarter is way too much to cope with (rellies all have sheep meat)
Your frittery thing sounds good . I did it once with a completely different recipe & I was not impressed . yours sounds much better.

paora-tm, Jan 8, 6:32am
I'm over it. Was worth a laugh. Are you over it?

buzzy110, Jan 8, 11:45pm
The stir fried idea works just fine. I usually have a reasonable amount of stock left over because I always roast lamb in an oven bag. Most of the stock gets used to make a roux type sauce with mushrooms and I save a bit.

What I do is prepare all the vegetables and slices of lamb. Then stirfy the vegetables, add the saved stock and cover and steam for a minute (up to this point this is exactly how Chinese stirfry their vegetables) to tenderise the vegetables. Add in left over roux sauce/gravy (not what Chinese do) and when it is all hot again and thickened (because the gravy is thickened), add in the meat slices and mix altogether.

It comes out beautiful and colourful looking with lovely crispy, but not underdone vegetables and very lamb flavoured. The meat, just heated through, does not get a chance to overcook or go tough.

I do this all the time.

Edited to add - don't forget to season and if you really, really want, a small amount of soy sauce can be added for a more authentic flavour.

karlymouse, Jan 9, 1:31am
Cold in a warmed roll with a nice pickle or chutney. I don't like the taste of reheated lamb or mutton at all.

valentino, Jan 9, 1:44am
Agree with not liking reheated Lamb, cold cuts all the way and in something that my mits can handle with as I noted above.

Cheeers

edzmax, Jan 9, 10:09pm
It's beautiful made into a curry!

sarahb5, Jan 9, 11:04pm
Yes - perfect for rogan josh

karlymouse, Nov 6, 6:15am
A new Indian take away place near us opened and I tried and yeuchhh all the meat in the dishes had been recooked and heated up . you could tell. nasty.