Chorizo sausages

jia5, Jan 8, 1:23am
That sounds yummy Aktow, will definitely have to try :-)

wildflower, Jan 8, 2:33am
I add them to pasta and bean salads.

johvri, Jul 31, 11:14pm
I have chorizo sausages in the fridge can anyone give me any ideas of what dish I could use them in. thanks much appreciated

davidt4, Jul 31, 11:30pm
Spanish Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo

1 tab olive oil
450 g Brussels sprouts, cut in half with stems removed
225g chorizo, thinly sliced
1 tab butter
1 tab lemon juice (not too much)
500 ml chicken stock
salt & pepper

Heat oil in large pan over medium heat, add sprouts cut side down and cook without moving until lightly brown.

Add chorizo and cook about 5 min until fat is released and chorizo starts to brown, shaking occasionally.

Add rest of ingredients, reduce heat and simmer about 10 min or until liquid reduced and sprouts tender.

davidt4, Jul 31, 11:31pm
Spanish Chicken with Chorizo (Nigella Lawson)

• 2 x 15ml tab olive oil
• 12 chicken thighs (bone in, with skin)
• 750g chorizo sausages, whole if baby ones, or cut into 4cm chunks if regular-sized
• 1kg new potatoes, halved
• 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• grated zest 1 orange

Serves: 6

1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Put the oil in the bottom of 2 shallow roasting tins, 1 tablespoon in each. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin-side up, 6 pieces in each tin.
2. Divide the chorizo sausages and the new potatoes between the 2 tins. Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over, then grate the orange zest over the contents of the 2 tins.
3. Cook for 1 hour, but after 30 minutes, swap the top tray with the bottom tray in the oven and baste the contents with the orange-coloured juices.

davidt4, Jul 31, 11:32pm
Spanish Eggs with Chorizo (duelos y quebrantos “wounds and suffering”)

Serves 4

2 links of chorizo, sliced
2 tab olive oil
4 tab stale bread, diced
8 eggs
salt

Fry chorizo in oil until fat runs and starting to brown. Add bread and toss until crisp. Beat eggs to blend, stir in and scramble until just starting to set.

Serve immediately.

davidt4, Jul 31, 11:32pm
Tomato and Chorizo Salad

serves 4

1 ½ tab olive oil
2 chorizo, sliced
250 g small tomatoes, halved
1 sm red onion, thinly sliced
1 tab sherry vinegar
1 tab parsley, chopped
squeeze of lemon juice

Fry chorizo in 1 tsp oil 5 min until crisp. Combine with tomatoes and onion. Mix rest of oil with vinegar and add. Toss well, sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon over.

davidt4, Jul 31, 11:33pm
Fish & Chorizo (Gordon Ramsay)

Serves 4

4 pieces white fish (cod etc)
4 tab olive oil
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
125g chorizo, sliced
4 tab dry sherry
8 basil leaves
salt & pepper
1 lemon

Pour oil into heatproof dish, then fish, then other ingredients except lemon. Cover & bake 180°C 10 – 20 min. Squeeze lemon over.

Serve with buttered cabbage & potatoes.

rainrain1, Jul 31, 11:46pm
Nice in a bean salad, especially skinned broad beans

aglarana, Aug 1, 12:01am
Soup.
Boil some broccoli and cauliflower, slice or dice the chorizo and fry it, toss it in with the veg, blitz or mash it, salt and pepper to taste, add some cream to get your desired consistency.
Baddabing baddaboom.

Simple, yet divine.
You could also fry some bacon with the chorizo for a little extra something something.

muffin2, Aug 1, 12:36am
We make chorizo pasta

Cut chorizo in to 1cm / bite sized pieses and fry in a large pan in a little oil
Add 2-3 rashers of chopped bacon,1 roughly chopped onion, 2 cloves finely chopped garlic and 4-6 button mushrooms sliced and stir
meanwhile boil some penne pasta (1/2 pack for 2 people) and during the last 4 mins of pasta cooking, throw in some chopped brocolli.
Drain pasta / brocolli and add to chorizo pan with 1/2 a can evaporated milk or cream.
Stir to coat everything and let cream reduce, add a handful of forn basil leaves and serve in bowls topped with lots of parmesan cheese - YUM

samanya, Aug 1, 2:45am
I recently made this as a main (with variations) & it was lovely.
I got the recipe from here, but sorry can't give credit to the original poster as I don't know who it was.

Warm Chorizo, potato & Mint salad

1kg small boiling potatoes
1 chorizo sausage, cur into small cubes

Mint Dressing
1 1/2 tabs wine vinegar
2 tspn lemon juice
1 clove garlic mashed
1 tsp mild mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
fresh mint, finely shredded
combine first 5 dressing ingredients then whisk in oil, stir in mint
Cook potatoes until just tender & mix all gently together.
(I cooked the chorizo & then cubed it)
I added more chorizo & garlic, peas & then some baby spinach leaves at the end.
I enjoyed it & would definitely make it again.

greerg, Aug 1, 7:35am
I didn't have much bacon the other day when I was making a big pot of minestrone. I did have a couple of spicy chorizos, which I diced and added. It really lifted the soup and I'll definitely use it again.

anjaok, Aug 1, 7:43am
Chicken & chorizo jambalaya (From bbcgoodfood)

1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
75g chorizo, sliced
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
250g long grain rice
400g can plum tomatoes
350ml chicken stock

Method

Heat the oil in a large frying pan with a lid and brown the chicken for 5-8 mins until golden. Remove and set aside. Tip in the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Then add the pepper, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 mins more.
Stir the chicken back in with the rice, add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the rice is tender.

richard198, Aug 1, 10:15am
Feijoada.

aktow, May 16, 1:58am
Spanish shrimp and chorizo in tomato sauce

Shrimps enough for two people
chilli flakes a little bit
garlic 3 or 4
Chorizo I big sausage
tomato crushed 2 tins
black pepper
chopped Italian parsley big handful

method

1) add olive oil to a pan and fry off the chopped chorizo
2) when chorizo is cooked add lots of sliced garlic
3) cook garlic until it is crispy
4) then add shrimps
5) add chilli flakes and after a minute add crushed tomatoes.
6) season with black pepper only
7) add lots of chopped parsley

serve with sweet paprika flavoured potatoes ,,, cook off potato and cut in half,, sprinkle sweet paprika over them,,, fry in oil in pan until crispy