Green Ginger Wine

dawnay, Aug 15, 12:14am
I have a bottle of this in my pantry and I don't know what to do with it. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks. I know I could drink it but I am not a wine drinker so want to use it in other ways.

cleggyboy, Aug 15, 1:11am
I used to love it at this time of the year as a dash (or two) in rum topped up with your favourite mix.

geldof, Aug 15, 1:46am
Add to corned silverside when cooking.

cookessentials, Aug 15, 1:56am
Great for stomach upsets. Add a little with boiled water and sip.

245sam, Aug 15, 1:59am
dawnay, have a look at:-

http://www.stonesgingerwine.com/recipes_cocktails/welcome.asp

You'll find recipes there in the following categories:-
Starters (including a tomato soup), Main Courses, Dressings, Desserts, "Extras" e.g. Ginger Marmalade.

Hope that helps. :-))

lcscott, Aug 15, 3:34am
drink it lol its yum

huia991, Aug 15, 4:53am
Punch.
Trifle instead of sherry.
Poach pears in it.

sarahb5, Aug 15, 7:13am
This - very warming especially with a nip of whiskey added.

Could use it for any recipe that uses fortified wine/sherry - that biscuit and cream log thing from the 70s would be good. Use it to soak a fruit cake.

pony_girl, Aug 15, 10:18am
I have a cold at the moment - and hot drinks with fresh squeezed lemon juice, raw honey, hot water and green ginger wine are fabulous - I put a wee dram of whiskey in my husbands too, but I like it without . almost worth getting a cold for !

jynx66, Aug 16, 10:45am
I've made the ginger vinaigrette from the Stone's Green Ginger Wine website noted above in 245sam's post. It's lovely; fresh and lively.

landylass, Aug 16, 10:50am
Stones Green Ginger wine at the first sign of a sniffle. great for warding off bugs. Never used it in cooking.

245sam, Aug 16, 10:51am
sarahb5, apart from enjoying it as an occasional drink that's one of the uses we have for ginger wine - it's lovely when used with gingernuts as the biscuit for the log. :-))

karlymouse, Aug 16, 10:57am
Its great in a sauce for pork fillet. sautee some flattened pork fillet which has been marinated in a small amount and then add some more to make a serving sauce. delicious.

dawnay, Aug 17, 10:54am
Thanks so much everyone! Will try a lot of these ideas! Looks like there will always be a bottle of the stuff in my pantry now! Especially after looking at the suggested site! Great!

bev00, Aug 17, 12:09pm
a dash over fruit salad is lovely too.

tumbys02, Dec 23, 7:57am
If you make a xmas cake soak the fruit in it. Yum.