Salmon roulade

suzanna, Nov 4, 8:38am
Does anyone have a recipe that you have actually made for salmon roulade? I had a slice of one today which was light and tasty and left me wanting another slice. The roulade was flavoured with dill and the smoked salmon and cream cheese were just the right amounts finished off with very thin slices of lemon. Gorgeous and now I must make one. or two. or three. Served with horseradish cream it was close to perfection for me. Any recipes and hints gratefully received thank you.

petal1955, Jul 21, 8:43am
Cheesy Salmon Roulade

60g butter
50g plain flour
250ml milk
4 eggs, separated
90g grated tasty cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
Filling
300g whole smoked salmon
30g butter
4 spring onions, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
125g packet cream cheese
1 tsp grated lemon rind
Lightly grease 26cm x 32cm Swiss roll pan. Line with paper, grease paper.
Melt butter in saucepan, add flour, cook, stirring, until dry and grainy. Remove-pan from heat, gradually stir in milk, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Transfer mixture to bowl, stir in egg yolks, cheese and dill. Beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form, gently fold into cheese mixture in 2 batches. Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake at 220°C for about 12 minutes or until set. Turn onto wire rack covered with tea-towel, peel off paper, spread roulade with filling, roll up while hot using tea-towel. Stand roulade 10 minutes before serving.
Serve warm or cold.

Roulade
60g butter
50g plain flour
250ml milk
4 eggs, separated
90g grated tasty cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
Lightly grease 26cm x 32cm Swiss roll pan. Line with baking paper, grease paper.
Melt butter in saucepan, add flour, cook, stirring, until dry and grainy. Remove-pan from heat, gradually stir in milk, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Transfer mixture to bowl, stir in egg yolks, cheese and dill. Beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form, gently fold into cheese mixture in 2 batches. Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake at 220°C for about 12 minutes or until set. Turn onto wire rack covered with tea-towel, peel off paper, spread roulade with filling, roll up while hot using tea-towel. Stand roulade 10 minutes before serving.
I have not put in the filling part as you have your own, this is just for the roulade