Veganising Recipes

Page 2 / 2
rodh, Dec 2, 5:57am
Steak. Cows are vegetarian so therefore beef is vegetarian

sampa, Dec 2, 6:58am
Pasture needs poop.

Back in the day this was the way things were done, people that lived off the land understood these things. Rotation of crops with stock worked well.

Balance in all things tends to work best.

uli, Dec 2, 7:42am
Interesting article about 4 "philosophers" who give their views . none of them has any clue about of what I wrote in post #26 above unfortunately.

While it is nice to "philosoph" about in a dream world - reality will catch up with them too at some time. But read for yourself:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11553936

awoftam, Dec 2, 8:07am
The US farmers did huge amounts of damage to the soil in parts of the States when they planted wheat en mass - hence the 'dust bowl'

sampa, Dec 2, 8:24am
"It's not at all clear that the interest that people have in killing and eating the cow outweighs the interests that the cow has in continuing to live."

Neither is it clear that humans have any interest in keeping cows or any other animals (domestic animals/pets not included) without return. In which case the cow (not of the milking variety which offers a different return) wouldn't be kept in the first place, or the pig, or the lamb etc.

Where would all these animals exist or expand their numbers if that was the case?

daarhn, Dec 2, 8:58am
I'm going to say this to you for the last time. please step back and look at what you write before you post and please do not respond to any of my posts. Not only did you not understand the context of what you quoted from me, you went on your own tangent that did not need my post to be quoted. Please mind your own business and post your own quotes without me included. I simply cannot understand how you managed to be so confused over something you took totally out of context while I was discussing with another poster about the animal cruelty and not about plants.

frances1266, May 18, 8:46am
Some of the posters here need to inform the WHO and tell them they don't know what they are talking about.