Alison Holst Blueberry Muffin recipe please

samsnan, May 6, 2:35am
x8
I know it has 2cups flour 4tspns bp. Or could someone show me a link to it in the muffin thread. TIA

haulier, May 6, 3:19am
x11
2 cups flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup sugar, 100 grams butter, 1 cup milk, 1 large egg, 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries.

Cinnamon sugar:1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.

Heat oven to 220 degrees. Sieve first 5 ingredients into fairly large bowl. In another big bowl warm butter till just melted, then add milk and egg and beat to mix thoroughly. Prepare berries then tip the dry mixture and the berries into the liquids. Without overmixing fold all together. Flour should be dampened not smooth. Divide mixture into 12 regular muffin tins that have been greased or coated with non stick spray. Top with cinnamon sugar. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until cooked. I hope this is what you are looking for. It is out of simon and alison fav muffin and slices book.

samsnan, May 6, 3:31am
x5
Thanks for that haulier. I looked at the recipe in a book at the warehouse but didnt have a pen to write it down. Naughty eh.

elliehen, May 6, 6:08am
x2
I heard Alison Holst talk about that recipe on NatRadio and she suggested poking the frozen blueberries individually into the muffins to prevent 'bleeding'. I've tried that and it's quicker and easier than it might seem :)

geldof, May 6, 6:23am
also lovely with a little lemon zest added.

--lisa--, May 15, 11:28pm
x1
220Degrees seems quite hot?

ange164, Oct 7, 11:03pm
yes, 220 is correct.
I've just made a batch and they came out wonderfully.

The batter was quite stiff for me, but I think it needs to be, in order to have enough guts to it to hold up the blueberries. They did indeed bleed their color as I didn't poke them in at the end.

The recipe made 12, but I would've liked my paper cups to be fuller, so next time will make only 11 and fill the cups right to the top.

marcs, Oct 9, 12:55am
Samsan do you if they had the second book of hers at the warehouse too called more marvellous muffins. I would love to get hold of a copy but I live in Auz. Will have to send my sister to buy it.

ange164, Oct 9, 7:35am
Hi Marcs, You'll note Samsan started this thread back in may, and I incidentally bumped it when looking for a blueberry muffin recipe I could trust. So I don't think she'll know if the warehouse has it in stock. If I think of it, I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask for you.

whiskey13, Oct 9, 10:27am
I use Edmonds sweet muffin mix and soak 1/2 cup of dehydrated blueberries from binn Inn overnite (or at least 1 hour but overnite makes them plumper ) in water. Drain the liquid but reserve it and use it to make up the rest of the water measurement on the packet
This is the only blueberry muffin recipe i use now

elliehen, Oct 9, 10:50am
x1
whiskey13, this reminds me of an Alison Holst muffin hint.She soaks dried fruit like sultanas and currants in water while she's preparing the mix.It 'plumps' them and stops them drawing liquid from the mixture.If the recipe calls for half a cup of dried fruit, just fill the cup to the top with water and then when you're ready to add it, drain and give the fruit a quick squeeze in a paper towel.

guest, Aug 13, 10:36pm
If you want to stop 'bleed' of any berry toss them in flour before you put them into the mixture, preferably when they are still frozen