Blueberry or Cherry jam.

korbo, Jan 28, 7:38am
Is there a special recipe or just use what you would as in plum or strawberry?
thanks.

flier3, Jan 28, 11:36pm
There are several recipes when I Googled for it. Worth a look?

lythande1, Jan 29, 12:43am
all jam is fruit + sugar.

punkinthefirst, Jan 29, 8:34am
I made cherry jam for the first time ever, this year (they're usually way too expensive) Used a plum jam recipe, but because the jam tasted a bit bland, To 2 Kg of cherries, I added the strained juice of 4 lemons, the peel cut in a long strip. and 4 or 5 cinnamon sticks (which were fished out at the end of the cooking), and 1600 gms sugar. It didn't set, really, but is really delicious. Next time, I think I would make up some concentrated pectin stock, using apples and cook the cherries in that before adding the other ingredients and then the sugar.

The Cordon Bleu Cookery Book has a recipe for Spiced Black Cherry Jam

4 thinly sliced oranges,
6 whole cloves tied in a muslin bag with 2 cinnamon sticks,
6 oz lemon juice,
4 lbs cherries,
3 1/2 lbs of sugar.
Cover the sliced oranges by 1/2 inch with water, add the spices tied in a muslin bag, and simmer til the oranges are really tender, then remove the bag, Meanwhile, stone the cherries, crack a few stones, and blanch the kernels. Add these to the pan with the lemon juice, cherries, and sugar. Stir til the sugar is dissolved, then boil rapidly til thick.

I believe that blueberries are low in pectin as well

AND. I found a recipe to make kirsch, as well. you don't have to waste a thing.
Bash up the stones you removed from the cherries, and put them in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Pour Vodka (cheap will do) over them to cover them to twice the depth. Put the lid on tight, and shake the mix daily for at least six weeks. longer is better Strain and bottle in a clean bottle.
Mine is coming along nicely. I look forward to trying it in the winter.