Best blueberry muffin recipe please

amanda329, Jan 11, 1:50am
Blueberry muffins are my nemesis I just cant seem to get them right so tips tricks and best recipes please. I must master the blueberry muffin!

cgvl, Jan 11, 3:56am
do not over mix. you mix just to wet the dry ingredients. Also I add 2½ tsp baking powder to every cup flour.

doree36, Jan 11, 8:34am
a little tip - when you make your muffins do not put the blueberries into the mixture - put the plain mixture into your tins and then press 5 blueberries into each one - everybody get the same share of the blueberries !

groomingtools, Jan 12, 8:54pm
My muffins used to be hit and miss until I started using my muffin maker again - it is so quick and the muffins are always great (10 Mins for any type) Because it makes only 3 at a time I bought another one off T Me so I can do 2 lots at a time and if I only want half a dozen I can put mix in fridge for another day.

doree36, Jan 25, 2:17am
Thought you would have had lots of recipes posted to you - but anyway here is a really good one I have used for ages

Blueberry Muffins

2 cups plain white flour
1 dessertspooon custard powder
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup caster sugar ( it dissolves better)
3/4 blueberries ( fresh or frozen)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cooking oil ( not olive)
Sift flour, custard powder and baking powder Add sugar
Beat eggs, milk and oil together and add to dry mixture
Spoon into greased muffin tins and push in 4-5 blueberries into each tin. (as per my hint in previous post)

Bake in moderate ( around 180 c) for 15 - 20 minutes. Enjoy!