Trifle Question

sjc72, Dec 25, 12:41am
I can't remember - do I put jam on my sponge when making a trifle?

petal1955, Dec 25, 12:55am
You can. ,or use a swiss jam roll instead of trifle sponge

lilyfield, Dec 25, 1:40am
Or leave the jam out.

fpress, Dec 25, 2:03am
Is it too early to make Trifle for tomorrow? Was playing with the idea of making mine now rather than tonight.

wildflower, Dec 25, 2:24am
It's best made the day before, it gives the flavours more time to soak. I don't use jam at all, there is so many variations just do what suits you but the day before is definitely recommended but if you're putting cream on top leave that until you're ready to serve it tomorrow:)

sjc72, Dec 25, 3:09am
Great - thank you.

sampa, Dec 25, 3:53am
Little bit of vanilla extract, paste or essence is nice added to the whipped cream. Lifts it a bit. :)

Happy Christmas.

socram, Dec 25, 3:58am
Add a tin of raspberries to the base and mix the juice with the jelly. You'll never regret it.

popeye333, Dec 25, 5:51am
I was making ours about the tjme you posted.

I always make them the day before so they have time to Brew.

I do ours in large wine glasses, and make two each. So we have one on Christmas day and one on Boxing day.

hobby-park, Feb 26, 7:44am
This is the quickest one i have ever made. 1 tin fruit salad.1 tin peaches.
slice banana over the fruit Jam one side of trifle sponge place jam side down on fruit. Then jam the remaining sponge. Melt a jelly in about 1/2 cup hot water. Allow to cool. When cool pour over sponge and fruit and allow to set.
When set pour over a layer of cool custard and allow to set overnight.
Next morning cover with whipped cream and decorate. I like mine with sherry added before i jam the sponge, so just adapt the recipe to whatever you have.
enjoy and merry christmas, try not to eat if for breakfast.