Hard Boiled eggs!

Page 2 / 2
margo191, Mar 29, 8:07pm
I always cook my hard boiled eggs by this method, not taught, eventually worked it out over time.

kay141, Mar 29, 8:11pm
I do the same. A family method.

gerry64, Mar 30, 12:18pm
No I don't preheat it -

sampa, Mar 30, 8:36pm
Not where we stayed (really small out of the way place). They were very obviously confused by my request and tried their best to give me what they thought I wanted. It was quite sweet really so I didn't say a word and proceeded to eat my pre-peeled eggs with a show of great enthusiasm.

beaker59, Mar 30, 8:49pm
Quite often when travelling we will decide to have a picnic for lunch. Stop at a supermarket and get coleslaw, green salad, potato salad, sliced meats, and boiled eggs (wife likes egg salad I go for boiled eggs) and fruit juice. I have a picnic basket with plates cutlery glasses etc. Have been doing that for decades and boiled eggs are usually available what is all the fuss about?

Edit to add that's what Wife and I did on our first date I asked her out for lunch then went to Countdown Greerton got all the picnic stuff (fairly sure there were a couple of boiled eggs in there) picked her up and went to McLaren falls park and had a picnic by the lake, 2 years later we were married on the exact same spot :)

buzzy110, Mar 30, 9:01pm
Awww. You're a romantic. The boiled eggs sealed your fate.

beaker59, Mar 30, 9:16pm
Son always hates picnic stops he would rather have lunch at Macca's

buzzy110, Mar 31, 5:10am
Maybe because the loo facilities are better and you get to sit at a table, keep your butt dry and don't have to share with the bugs. He's just a sophisticated modern lad. Not like us hayseed yokels for whom boiled eggs from the supermarket deli and paper napkins represented the height of haute cusine.

holly-rocks, Mar 31, 5:28am
aww that gave me warm fizzles! Thank you for sharing your story.My partner and i have picnics now and then too, people dont do it enough these days!

aj.2., Mar 31, 5:48am
A lot of Asian, meals use hard boiled eggs, so they cook them as above, peel them, then cook the meal, ( curry comes to mind, then they place the egg in the bowl, add the curry and that heats up the egg.
I had such a meal at Singapore Airport, and it was Fantastic.

illusion_, Mar 31, 7:12am
it's also a great way to do eggs for any dish that requires a poached egg too where the egg is either cold (or even reheated) with a runny yolk.
Place egg where you wish, cut, voilà
I have also developed a liking for semi-soft yolks in hard boiled eggs. So you cut them and theyre glossy rather than dry, but wont actually run.

aj.2., Mar 31, 7:34am
Deep fried soft boiled eggs are great.
Boil eggs ta few minutes, then cool under cold water.
Make the batter, dip the egg in some flour then in the batter, deep fry, Great for something a bit different. If done right the yoke will flow out as you bite into them., be care full you don't burn your self.
Cheers.

awoftam, Mar 31, 7:40am
Coddled eggs. So yum. An old way of cooking them - used to be used a lot for the infirm as coddling keeps the whites oh so soft and palatable. Coddled eggs in the shell - and I don't prick them, btw. Works fine for me.http://www.recipetips.com/k-
itchen-tips/t--1186/coddled-eg-
gs.asp

awoftam, Mar 31, 7:40am
OMG that sounds awesome! Will def try. Thanks so much for sharing.

aj.2., Mar 31, 7:46am
Please do try, they are a bit tricky at first, but use a spoon to dip them in the batter, then onto a slotted spoon, allow to drain, just a bit then lower into the hot oil.
Happy to share. Enjoy.

roshu, Mar 31, 8:10am
Yes, wendalls (#5) I cook my boiled eggs like that and they never disappoint.

the-archer, Apr 5, 3:02am
I thought who would buy already boiled egg's when i saw them too. One day on a whim i purchased some smoked boiled eggs, from our local New World. Wow they are delicious and went nicely with my salad.

jbsouthland, Apr 5, 4:36am
great snack foods for kids and elderly. I also like the cheese already sliced and/or cubed.
Yes to some it would be an expensive way to purchase food but to others struggling to cook , prepare food , open packets etc etc .

jbsouthland, Apr 5, 4:42am
Aaw lovely !
Mr JB did similar for me one night after we first met . I had a Calligraphy evening class .Wishing to see me and knowing I hadn't eaten prior . he was on my doorstep by 9.30 pm with various cold meats and salads etc ( deli bought ) even a tablecloth. we dined on the floor . was a lovely gesture . though he had dressed in the most horrendous hawaian shirt as part of the props . lol !

buzzy110, Nov 4, 12:54am
I love Hawaiian shirts.