Easy casseroles

mber2, Apr 9, 8:12am
Im after easy casserole recipes for 2 elderly people for the winter months. Any ideas please

melford, Apr 9, 10:17pm
CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
Ingredients

1 cooked chicken
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
1 pkt mushroom soup
2 cups mushrooms
2 Tbsp sherry (optional)
1 tsp curry powder
Salt and Pepper

Method

Turn oven on to 180 degrees.
Shred cooked chicken and place in casserole dish.
Put cream, milk and mushroom soup in to a pot and bring to boil. Simmer until sauce thickens.
Chop mushrooms and add to sauce, with sherry (optional) and curry powder.
Pour over chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Bake in oven for 30 mins or until steaming hot.
Serve with rice, pasta, mashed potatoes or potato bake. Also makes a good filling for a pie.
Posted by rarogirl.

rainrain1, Apr 10, 1:51am
500gr topside steak cut into serving size pieces
2 large onions sliced
250gr cans each tomato soup and pineapple pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
Fry onions in a bit of oil and arrange in casserole, then add meat.
Pour over soup, pineapple pieces and juice. Season. Cover dish and bake in moderate oven for 2 hours

luvmykicks, Apr 10, 8:55am
Chicken pieces in a dish. Add 1 chopped carrot, leek and onion and crumble an oxo chicken cube on top pour over a can of coconut cream and bake until chicken is done.

slimgym, Apr 11, 6:42pm
Ive never fried my onions, and only used x cut blade steak this is such an easy dish and the grandkids love it

rainrain1, Apr 11, 7:43pm
No you don't have to fry your onions, I don't always either, and yes you can use whatever cut of steak you like. I haven't made it for ages. I must do real soon. We have just killed a cattle beast that fell off the back of a truck, so have plenty of choices

unleashed46, Apr 13, 3:12am
If you make a large enough batch you can freeze some for another meal

mbos, Apr 14, 5:32am
Savoury chops

1-2 chops per person

Mix up the marinade sauce:

2T brown sugar
2T flour
2T tomato sauce
2T red wine
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t allspice
1/2 t currypowder
2c water

Marinade the chops in the sauce for a couple of hours.
Put casserole in the oven 1.5-2 hours at 150 degrees.

mbos, Apr 14, 5:34am
Golden Sausages:

Sausages per person
1 onion chopped into rings
Carrots chopped into rings
Frozen peas

Sauce:
2T brown sugar
2T cornflour
2T vinegar
2T worcestershire sauce
2c water

Pop sauce over veges and saussies, put in the oven for 1-1.5 hours at 150 degrees celsius.

littleblackhen, Apr 24, 8:42pm
easy beef casserole,cut beef into chunks,then in bowl/jug mix 1pkt of Maggi thick country vegetable soup and 600mls of water,pour over the meat and cook on low for 3/4hours till tender

pricilla, May 3, 7:12am
In a pot put sausages add veges Carrots cauliflower onion etc. & 2 Tablespoon of Tomato Sauce. Cover with water & bring to the boil on stove top turn down to simmer cook for 20 minutes & thicken with flour & water mixed together with cold water. serve with mashed potatoes & peas. So simple quick easy & very tasty.

pricilla, May 3, 7:17am
In a casserole dish place 5 to 6 chicken pieces, drums thighs etc add sprinkle 1 packet of Maggie Cream of Onion soup over the chicken & pour about 2 & 1/2 cups of ginger ale over the top. Put lid on casserole.Cook in a hot oven 180 to 200c oven for about 2 hours. After about an hour stir & add about another cup of ginger ale & about 15 minutes before cooked take lid of dish. Serve with mashed potatoes & mixed veges. It's quick easy & very tasty. For 2 people just half the recipe.

addington261, Aug 26, 11:08am
I have always made this recipe except I add 4T tomato sauce as well and grate the carrot.Mum used to cook this fo rus bac kin the 1950's
Oh and I use a packet of sausage instead of sausages,rolled into pattie shape and floured.