wild rice - where to buy?

bert747, May 5, 7:58am
can anyone tell me where i can get wild rice in CHCH? ? Have been to countdown, fresh choice & pak n save and no luck.

maxwell.inc, May 5, 8:07am
try an organic store

but be warned its VERY expensive. . Around $58kg at the Organics store I shop at.

245sam, May 5, 8:56am
bert747, try Bin Inn - I'm not absolutely certain that they do have it but I think I have seen it there.
Also try at New World - our local New World seems to be a good source of just about anything but again I'm not absolutely certain that they have do actually have wild rice.

Good luck - I hope you have success soon. :-))

cookessentials, May 5, 9:43am
Moore Wilson have it and you may get it from organic Direct who have an online store also.

suzanna, May 5, 10:45am
I buy mine from Piko Wholefoods in Kilmore St. You could ph them and ask price etc. 366 8116. There's also Liberty market on the corner of Fitzgerald and Ferry rd. Don't know whether the Asian on Salisbury has it, the ph no is 977 9544. Maybe also the Indian warehouse on the edge of South City's carpark and also the Indian warehouse on the one way at the back of South city. I love it and use it alot. Cheers.

griffo4, May 5, 9:50pm
l have seen it in Binn Inn and New World up here so you should have it down there

becca9, May 5, 9:57pm
I have brought it from New World but that was in Hamilton - it was the kings choice brand and was in a small pouch and rather pricey.

valentino, May 5, 10:39pm
In Auckland either Gilmours which have a good size bag that lasts quite awhile or Pak'n'Save (the bulk - loose section) whom has a blended wild rice mix which is okay even though it does contain a little of a white rice and this mix is at a reasonable price.

2halls, May 5, 11:34pm
South City New World has it. It's on the shelf with the other rices, and it's expensive, but definitely not $58kg. SN Market on the corner of Milton and Colombo Street also sell it. You may also want to try "Snapdragon" on Colombo St (almost opposite the Westpac bank in Sydenham), I think they may stock it, and their prices are always good :-)

bert747, Apr 4, 2:47am
thanks everyone - lots of options and since i'm in spreydon, lots in my neck of the woods! Cheers