Vegan recipes please

bonnie-girl3, Jul 2, 3:50am
My daughter has been a vegetarian for 5 years but last year decided she wanted to be Vegan. As she is a student living away from home, I was wondering if anyone could give me some good healthy cheap vegan recipes that she could use. Yes - her mum is worried she isn't eating properly.

geldof, Jul 2, 4:23am
Pinterest has heaps.

geldof, Jul 2, 4:23am

samanya, Jul 2, 4:28am
Have you looked in the vegetarian thread . pretty sure there are vegan recipes in there.

mjhdeal, Jul 3, 3:34am
An example of a fast/easy-open-a-can type vegan recipe I like is a chili-bean bowl, that isn't really a recipe but a throw together kinda thing, which is entirely flexible as to what you have and like, as there are just two essential ingredients. Its success is really in the spices added (I like it hot!)

Random One-Pot Vegan Chili
Heat in a pot:
1 can chopped tomatoes;
1 can drained beans (any type, I usually use black or kidney as they are firmer and don't disintegrate)

Then start adding the optional extras (all/some/none, according to fancy/what available):
1 can drained corn kernels
Spices (e.g., salt, cayenne, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, ground cumin, garlic powder. )
Leftover veges can be thrown in (why not)
Handfuls of baby spinach (or else frozen, or torn up larger spinach - must have greens!)

Serve in bowl then (optional) top with:

Vegan cheese (grated)
Diced avocado
Dollop of vegan sour cream (or coconut cream).
Salsa (bought or homemade)
Fresh coriander, finely chopped (or parsley)

P.S. (in a low whisper) non-vegans can add cooked mince to this, or add chopped chicken - simmer well until chicken cooked).

nauru, Jul 3, 5:56am
There are some great recipes by Miriam Sorrell on mouthwatering vegan website, link below. I borrowed her book from the library and was so impressed with it that I bought a copy. We are not Vegan but we do enjoy her recipes and I can adapt them to our own tastes.
http://mouthwateringvegan.com/

frances1266, Jul 3, 6:44am
Maple Spice is a good vegan site with some nice recipes.

bonnie-girl3, Jul 3, 10:56am
Thank you all so much this all gives me something to work with.

mjhdeal, Jul 7, 6:54pm
Found this on pinterest: 20 frugal vegan dinner recipes.The slow cooker lentil shepherd's pie looks really good.

http://realfoodrealdeals.com/frugal-vegan-dinner-recipes/

uli, Apr 27, 9:41am
bump for the vegans