Recipes - Vegan Ideas

noos, May 3, 1:05am
Hi there.My best friend is coming to stay with us for four days, and I would love any recipes (nut loaf) that were Vegan friendly that I could cook for her (and us) while she was here!

Also, what snacks would you recommend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

frances1266, May 3, 10:33am
Will bump up the vegetarian thread for you, vegan recipes there including a vegan nut loaf.Snacks could be guacamole, hummus - lots of great varieties around now,
nuts, chips etc or are you meaning light meals?

original-kiwi, May 10, 11:24am
I'm Ovo Vegetarian (Dairy Free Vegetarian who still eats eggs). To my knowledge these foods are vegan....
For snacks"Heartland" brand Chicken flavoured Potato Chips or "Pams" PLain, "Budget" Vanilla Wine biscuits & "Budget" Peanut Brownies. If you bake, try a tasty Apple & Walnut Cake (Just google the recipe). Peanut butter filled Celery sticks are yum. There's so much variety. =)

For Meals: Pasta, Bolognaise using a tin of brown lentils instead of mince & plain Hummus instead of cheese. "Doritos" Plain Corn chips are Vegan I think. If your keen to make Seitan (Mock Meat), it's off the hook!!
It's not for the Gluten intolerant though. Google "Seitan" for recipes, it's better than Tofu. =)