Breville breadmaker recipes

rayonline_tm, Dec 17, 11:49pm
Hiya all, anyone care to share your recipes? I am after a multi grain and maybe a cinnamon and raisin one.

I have followed the recipe book that was included with the machine but it has been hit and a miss with the holidays coming up I might it out of the box for another attempt. Following it straight to the recipe I've had where the inside was still wet and that the bread puffed up touching the glass window lid.

Cheers

kinna54, Dec 20, 3:31am
Do you have the NZ supplement Breville book. That is the reason why a lot of the recipes fail, as the machine seems to come with the Aussie book. and Aussie measures are different. I found out the hard way, and was ready to send the thing back, when I noticed an 0800 number on the bottom of the book. and a breville website. I have put numerous threads on here re this and posted lots of recipes, if you do a search under my user name or breadmaker recipes, some of them may appear. but you will need to go back a bit as I haven't posted in recipes for yonks.
my book is currently on loan so I can't give you the numbers or website but shouldn't be too hard to find. : Contact them and they will send you a NZ supplement. when I get a chance I'll see if I can find my old pics and try to repost. The Date and Sultana fruit bread in there is lovely, French bread is the best everyday recipe, and there is a multigrain one too. I have found you can't do a full wholemeal loaf with a lot of success, as its too heavy, there is a multigrain recipe in the NZ supplement book that is nice.
good luck and enjoy

kinna54, Dec 20, 3:50am
x1
Breadmaker Recipe. from the Breville NZ Recipe selection
A delicious bread, best left for 30 mins before slicing.

Spiced Loaf with Sultanas and Dates
750gm loaf:
Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons of warm water.
3 cups of High Grade Flour
1 ½ teaspoons All Spice
1 ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons Salt
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon skim milk powder
1 tablespoon light oil
3 teaspoons surebake (red cap) yeast
¾ cup of mixed Sultanas and Dates (or Raisins or any dried fruit that you prefer*Add these 20 mins into the cycle when the machine beeps**

Place all ingredients in the Bread Pan in the order listed.
Select Sweet or French Setting, Medium crust colour, on your machine.

rayonline_tm, Dec 20, 5:58am
Hi

Can you provide me the link to the NZ recipe I couldn't locate it.

I have this:
http://www.breville.co.nz/baker-s-oven.html

The PDF recipe book is the same one that came with the machine. On pg it says you need to do conversions eg . the Aus tablespoon is different to NZ.

It was shipped with a receipe book and a 4 pager NZ Recipes comparing the standard white load to the book's white loaf it is different. So I will try these NZ recipes soon :) That one covers the white loaf, wholemeal and spicy fruit that exact one you posted.

PS - I did a search under your username. I could only look back 1yr.

It also raises the question. Desserts and baking can be more sensitive. If there are differences between Australia and New Zealand are we going to see similar differences between Europe and New Zealand? Cook cooks are not cheap (though I get tthem from the library but still you expect a workable recipe eh . ).

kinna54, Dec 20, 9:23pm
I have had my machine for donkeys years lol. they have probably updated the book a milliion times, but the recipes I use and converted are tried and true. I also found a phone number in my files, have no idea if its still curent but give it a go. Breville NZ Ltd Mono place Ellerslie Auckland free phone 0800 273 235.

Yes you do need to watch what cookbooks you buy. and what you dowwnload too. I too get my cookbooks from the library. and yes you do expct a workable recipe. If you get no joy at Breville come back and I will try to post some for you

samsnan, Dec 20, 10:48pm
x1
I use Alison Holsts Bread Book with my Breville and never have a failure.

nauru, Dec 21, 4:08am
I have a breville too and use AH bread book, have never had a fail either, it's a great book to have.

rayonline_tm, Dec 21, 5:01am
Thanks for that.

I will call them on Monday and look at those other books.

Seeing that European chefs have made more waves, there are things we cannot get here like double cream, and maybe our milk and flour are different .

What flour do you use Kinna64? I ask because the Breville book on page 15 says for New Zealand use Elfin. Is it a failed approach if I use a cheaper brand? It also listed anchor skim milk for NZ and the Edmonds Yeast red cap.

Cheers.

PS - I have had more success with the Edmonds recipes than Mr Ramsays. Maybe I should look at more NZ chefs . Mind you over the years I have thought my flour skills were very crap.

kinna54, Dec 21, 6:47am
I always use high grade flour. and believe it or not I buy Pams as it seems to be finer and whiter. and I have used the tasti yeast brown top jar successfully too. I buy that as it is in a smaller quantity and the yeast seems to be very near the use by date at times on the supermarket shelf. I would rather buy a smaller quantitiy and have it fresher. and keep the yeast in the fridge. and yes I too have more success with OLD mr Edmonds. over Nigella lol. emphasis on the OLD tho. I recently got given a new edition of the Edmonds book to replace my poor old tattered 1976 version. and whoa had some dissapointments there too. some of the recipes have been upgraded and are just nothing like the old favourites. I emailed Edmonds, never even got the courtesy of a reply.

nauru, Dec 21, 6:50am
Rayonline, I always use the cheaper brands of flour and have never had a problem. Homebrand form CD and Pams from NW or PnS. I also use the redcap surebake yeast, have tried others but prefer surebake and I use skimmed milk powder.

kinna54, Dec 21, 6:51am
Hi Nauru. OP Nauru has made a lot of bread too. she has good advice and recipes too.

nauru, Mar 14, 12:54am
Hi Kinna, thanks for those kind words, I'm always willing to help where I can.