Heated Vegetable oils Linked to Cancer

Page 2 / 2
uli, Nov 14, 5:39am
Another "member" that is here since 7 years and never had the time to actually trade. Sad isn't it?

wasala, Nov 14, 5:52am
What's sad about it?
And it is 'a member who has been here for 7 years.' I know how much your good grammar means to you, and that you won't mind my gentle correction!

buzzy110, Nov 14, 6:13am
I think that getting "massive stomach cramps and screaming shits" from consumption of vegetable oils is interesting, rather than sad. I like to think of people who react so instantly to additives as being like the canary in the mine - a warning for all of those of us who don't have an immediate reaction that we had better take care because there will be consequences eventually.

awoftam, Nov 14, 6:15am
Uli, with respect, I don't think trading has anything to do with posting. Some people like the community aspect of message boards and should be able to enjoy that aspect of TM; after all, if trading was a prerequisite they wouldn't be able to post, aye.

I don't trade much; however (largely) enjoy the boards and get heaps of help and info.

kay141, Nov 14, 7:02am
Perhaps that person, as many have, a business account for trading and a personal account for the message boards. Would that be OK with you? It's OK with TM.

Or, perhaps they don't want feedback. It is not compulsory and for many, there are too many details there for their liking. They prefer their privacy. For several years, for a variety of reasons, I requested no feedback on my trades

sampa, Nov 14, 7:41am
And the recipe for this thread? Contention perhaps. Some like it one way, others another. Usually that's called living in a democracy. We have choices. Aren't we lucky? So go forth and fry what needs frying in whatever medium appeals to one.

Unless of course you find you can't agree which end of a boiled egg should be eaten from. Also a very important fact to ascertain.

awoftam, Nov 14, 8:03am
Very! I coddle mine so the whites are very soft as well and have taken to popping them in my boiled egg holder thingy 'upside down', and it's way better - get to the yolk first! I soooooo love eggs!

slimgym, Nov 14, 4:43pm
probably wouldn't be allowed, too PC now, have rules for everything we eat and drink

uli, Nov 15, 2:45am
I am always happy if someone corrects my English. Please do it every time I make a mistake. One day I might learn the intricacies.

I am always astounded about the amount of words "old" English has as opposed to the NZ, Australian or American versions.

Some friends gave me the book "The wind in the willows" (old "children's" novel from 1908) - and I was so surprised how many new words I learned - however nowadays we are txt-ing and have no need of those wonderful expressions.

Again sad really

sampa, Nov 15, 5:54am
Ah, but the question remains. which is up and what is down?

Very Lilliputian stuff.

samanya, Nov 15, 6:46am
OMG!
Pedantics!

awoftam, Nov 15, 6:58am
Ha ha yes lol given gravity is given I am picking I know the answer when it comes to an egg.

sampa, Nov 15, 7:29am
Who, where, point me at them. absolutely no OCD going on here!

and. I'll never disclose, on a public forum, how I insist on consuming poached eggs.

Never Ever. ;-)

awoftam, Nov 15, 7:43am
We all have our secrets.

sampa, Jun 27, 12:42am
You do have a 'point' there.