A yummy way to cook cauliflower

Page 2 / 2
anna95, Oct 26, 3:42am
White sauce with lots of chopped parsley , or capers, or grated nutmeg are 3 variations I like.

karlymouse, Oct 26, 3:43am
Steam or stirfry it and then top with some savory fresh bread crumbs that have some butter, herbs, garlic mixed with it and flashed under the grill until lighly browned. Also nice done the indian way with the chick pea flour batter and fried.

l0ne, Oct 26, 3:44am
I truly do not believe there is a way to make cauliflower yummy. Blerk!

tjman, Oct 26, 3:47am
You can roast it too.

kassie48, Oct 26, 4:08am
Plenty of choices if you put cauliflower in l/h message board. Under date posted put last year.

Roasted sounds worth trying tjman. Wouldn't take long?

petal1955, Oct 26, 4:23am
To make savoury breadcrumbs use dried breadcrumbs place in a dish with some garlic butter or plain butter and microwave on high for a minute then stir. zap again on high for another minute and stir. breadcrumbs will be brown and golden add some grated cheese and add to the cauli flower and pop under griller to brown.

ed65, Oct 26, 4:26am
I steam it, then chuck in a blender with a dollop of sour cream, a smidgeon of crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Much nicer than mashed spuds.

geldof, Oct 26, 4:35am
I used to be like you.

Try it steamed and mashed instead of potato

but best of all roasted.

This one is REALLY good.
http://oneperfectbite.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/oven-roasted-cauliflower.html#.UlDRFRCskvI

davidt4, Oct 26, 6:45am
Simple roasted cauli is great. Oven at 180C, for four servings use one large cauli cut into florets, trickle in 2 tab olive oil or melted butter, salt and pepper, tumble around to distribute the fat. Roast about an hour or until golden brown.

purplegoanna, Oct 26, 7:23am
mmmmmmmmmm preboiled then battered and deep fried. yummo. dipt in cheese sauce.

karlymouse, Oct 26, 9:03am
I haven't tried this yet, but read in a hospitality magazine about using cooked cauliflower as the base for a pizza, I think from memory cheese was added to the mashed up cauliflower, it was precooked without topping 10-15 minutes then topping added. sounds interesting.

wendalls, Oct 26, 9:25am
+1. Make the effort to find the flour. Mine was called chana besan or something. I deep fry it. Good way to get veges into kids! Google "pakoras" onion ones also very good.

mjhdeal, Oct 26, 5:05pm
Agree roasted cauliflower is delicious.
More ideas:
Top Ten Uses For Cauliflower:
http://empoweredsustenance.com/uses-for-cauliflower/ . and this cauliflower sauce recipe is my #1 favourite when I want stodgy-comfort food, and is a good way to use up left-over vegetables. I mix it up with cooked green vegetables (silverbeet, leek, peas, broccoli, is a great combo) - top with cheese, and bake in the oven: http://cupcakesomg.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/caulif-redo-sauce-aka-paleo-alfredo.html (Easy to make vegetarian/vegan: just use veget. stock, and sub the parmesan for nutritional yeast for the cheesey taste).

lythande1, Oct 26, 6:14pm
Stir fried, the cheese thing of course. chicken and cauli gougeres, and look up some of the indian recipes. for something different.

nauru, Oct 27, 7:30am
Also called gram flour, available at most asian shops

mothergoose_nz, Oct 27, 8:07am
put it in the food processor and make cauliflower rice. google for recipes. no one knows they are eating cauliflower. fantastic

jaygee1962, Oct 28, 3:00am
A decent squeeze of lemon into this is uber yummy

jobb, Oct 28, 8:15pm
cauliflower and blue cheese soup is very tasty and cooking small pieces in milk/cream and then puree, is good too. using it raw with other raw veges with a dip is a different taste too.

issymae, Feb 16, 5:49pm
had cauli and bacon mornay last night ; recipe in Recipes + Oct issue in super market