Salads for a crowd

Page 2 / 2
nauru, Nov 9, 6:06am
and the chopped mint too

molly37, Nov 9, 6:36am
I make a colourful rice salad which goes a long way. I used brown rice as I'm partial to it, but you dont have too. Add Chopped up apricots, spring onions and different coloured peppers, raisins, cashews or pine nuts, tinned kernal corn, and celery. Mix together 1/4 c olive oil, 1/4 C vinegar, 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar and 2 tsp curry powder to dress salad with.

duckmoon, Nov 12, 6:56am
a suggestion from TM :
store them in the fridge in a large ziplock bag. you can get more into your fridge

daarhn, Nov 12, 7:05am
My Morrocan couscous goes down a treat also my roasted sesame seed coleslaw. Cheap to make perfect to fill large bowls or pile high on platters

blueviking, Nov 13, 2:28am
Strawberry ,Asparagus & Avocado Salad.
Equal amouts of all 3. Blanch the asparagus and I cut into 3's. Use an avocado that is just going soft, peel,quarter and dice.(dip in lemon juice to stop from going brown) Remove the green hulls from the strawberries and 1/2 or 1/4 them depending on size. Pile on a serving plate and drizzle this dressing over.
Dressing: 1/4 cup avocado oil, 1 lge clove garlic crushed, 3 tblsps lemon juice, freshly ground salt & pepper to taste, handful of freshly chopped basil. Whisk together.
I never ate avo's until I made this salad. Now it's a staple summer salad

blueviking, Nov 13, 2:33am
Red salad.
Slice the following: tomato,radish,red capsicum,red onion.
Throw in a bowl with a tblspn of brown sugar and 1/2 fill the bowl with white wine vinegar. Mix together. Stir the ingredients through every so often to make sure it all marinates.

blueviking, Nov 13, 2:47am
Pasta Salad(curry flavoured)
This is the only time I eat curry.
Boil a pkt of pasta as per directions. Rinse and cool slightly.
Add the following: Sliced green or red capsicum(red ones are usually in the preceeding salad and green give a nice colour variation) 1 of usually. Sliced ham, sliced or after Christmas, diced(you don't have to put this in if you don't want)
Sauce: Tblsp hot curry powder(don't worry, it won't be that hot in the end & if you like it hotter, just add more)
1 tblsp castor sugar, 1/4 cup oil(use nice oil) 1 tblsp whit vinegar. 1/2 cup cream(if you don't have cream, just use mayonnaise & less oil)
Combine all the ingredients and enjoy.
I can usually make all these salads by the time the pasta has boiled

skydancing, Nov 13, 4:27am
Wow that really appeals to me! A must try recipe!

macandrosie, Nov 13, 5:50am
You can also put a few tablespoons of basil pesto over a roast vege salad with an extra slosh of olive oil. Add it while it's still warm & gently toss through - really yummy.

claudds, Aug 6, 2:54am
all sound delicious. alot better than the boring lettuce salad we
used to make. i love a nice rice salad put what you like in it. potatoe
salad is a favourite although wen you have tried a new one it
some how seems better than yours. when you live on your own
it is just as easy to buy already made one other wise you get
tired of eating the same one.