Sandwiches to Freeze ?

Page 2 / 2
sarahb5, Jul 11, 7:11am
Might be an idea to ask the child she's leaving the sandwiches for then rather than a bunch of random strangers on a message board

yjeva, Jul 11, 7:30am
I wonder if you are as rude with random strangers you meet on the street or if it is just on the message board where you can't be seen.

sampa, Jul 11, 9:15am
Boarding grandson. Regardless of whether the person involved is a relation or not the term 'boarding' implies that some arrangement has been entered into for their keep. which arrangement often involves meals being supplied. Either way. not a big deal, just a simple question asking for suitable sandwich fillings that freeze well and, by the sound of things, many others are benefiting from info being posted to this thread. All good.

rosejenny38, Jul 11, 7:52pm
Thanks sampa. You sound a lovely person I would like to know. We can go a long way using sugar instead of vinegar, can't we ?

lovelurking, Jul 11, 8:57pm
Didn't expect to see cat fights in recipes!

. I think they're all just jealous that you are off to Rarotonga for a holiday.

gabbysnana, Jul 11, 8:59pm
I don't think any of the items suggested are freezable,pretty sure they will crystalise and be inedible mush. just open an account for him at McDonald's. I'm a nann and Sarahs right,sometimes helicopters get upset when they realise they aren't needed anymore.

uli, Jul 12, 1:20am
I like that quote - just remember that vinegar is far healthier than sugar :)

I hope you found enough suitable sandwich fillings - and personally I would try them out NOW while you are still at home and can still evaluate how the sandwiches taste and look when defrosted. Would be a shame and a waste of money to make bulk stuff of something that turns to mush as one poster suggested.

rosejenny38, Jul 12, 1:49am
Could this thread be voted off please ? A simple request for fillings that freeze well has turned to custard .
'lovelurking ' I hope you are wrong when you say some could be jealous because I'm going to Rarotonga for a holiday with my daughter ?
I looked after my husband for months until lymphoma cancer claimed him a few months ago and I need a break before I'm able to tackle difficult things on the horizon.
Please vote this thread off ? Thanks.

davidt4, Jul 12, 2:24am
The original saying was a little different - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Flies.

sampa, Jul 12, 3:17am
Not sure about that rosejenny, vinegar has its place in the grand scheme of things just don't try making your grandsons sandwiches with it except in the form of pickles or relish of course. ;-)

Re Raro I hear (from an acquaintance living there) that currently it's warm and fine with a slight breeze and around 23/24C. Now if that's not a reason for the rest of us here stuck in the freezer to be a tad jealous I'm not sure what is cause this morning sure was one where you could hear that brass monkey chattering if you catch my drift. Maybe you should consider freezing portions of soup for him instead? Or stew, casserole etc. could be worth a thought.

lovelurking, Jul 12, 3:51am
I'll vote for you rosejenny.

You sure do deserve some r and r and RaRotonga will be the perfect place to get it!
Enjoy your holiday with your daughter and while you are relaxing in the sun start planning your next break.

rainrain1, Jul 12, 5:55am
I have never eaten a pre frozen sandwich, I can't imagine what they would be like, you'd have to very careful what goes in between the slices

standard, Jul 12, 7:51am
Oh boy, here we go again and again and again.

lesleyd3, Jul 13, 5:19am
Every weekend I make up bread rolls and mini quiches for hubbies and my lunches to freeze. Saves time during the week and also means when defrosted you have fresh bread! Fillings are basic (meat, cheese and pickle usually) but you can take extra fresh fillings on the day to liven things up.

uli, Jul 13, 6:07am
Uii - how many "hubbies" do you have?

nauru, Jul 13, 9:12am
Sampa, smoked salmon freezes beautifully, both on it's own as well as in sandwiches. I only buy smoked salmon when it's on special and freeze the pack as is or as sandwiches, buns especially. I pop in some lettuce/salad once thawed and sometimes top it with some of that seaweed salad you get at the sushi shop, love that stuff.
Using canned salmon or tuna, I add some tartare sauce instead of mayo and a little dill leaf, just makes a change.

pickles7, Jul 17, 6:18am
Probably one, with many Alters.

rae226, Sep 12, 1:34am
SarahB5
If you are lucky enough to still have a husband I suggest you let him take you to bed and give you a good love making session because you sound like a nasty frustrated lady who needs to be softened.

sarahb5, Sep 12, 2:14am
Must be a quiet day if we're dredging this one up .

uli, Sep 20, 9:06am
And now we even bump it for rinnypet

uli, Sep 20, 9:07am
Uiii - I didn't even see post 43 until just now - juicy stuff - and that on recipes!

rinnypet, Sep 21, 6:27am
Oh My Goodness - apologies for the request - what a can of worms. I'll take the hints on the sandwich fillings thanks and ignore the rest.

uli, Sep 21, 7:58am
rinnypet - how come you never trade?
is there nothing to entice you?
How about my lovely house cow?

rinnypet, Oct 11, 12:59am
uli - I do buy things occasionally but haven't go around to selling stuff although there are a few things I need to get rid of. As for the house cow, I've done my time hand milking a cow many years ago - thanks for the heads up though!