Zucchini reciepes anyone

Page 2 / 2
mumstu, Dec 29, 3:08am
I make them into fritters.

Just grate them along with carrots some finely chopped onion, and any other veggie you like.

Combine with an egg and a couple of tablespoons of flour. Season with salt and pepper and I do them in the oven as I can get a whole lot done at once and serve all together at the same time.

Heat oil in a roasting type dish (or two if you are making lots). Put in spoonful lots into oil and press to flatten a little. Bake at 180c until first side crisp and then turn and do likewise to the other side.

ruby19, Dec 29, 3:37am
Zucchini fries are delish! Haven't tried making them myself, but when our courgettes start going wild will be trying a batch or two. Apparently you can oven bake them.

motorbo, Dec 29, 3:55am
oven baked is yum, on or off kebabs
grate and squeeze out excess liquids to use in fritters or a crustless quiche with tomato's, onions and cheese, can also do with bacon in muffin tins for individual helpings
sliced lengthways and bbq or grill pan, add lemon rind and juice and olive oil, season. this can also be done raw - making the courgettes the pasta, or cooked and added to pasta.

dibble35, Dec 29, 4:35am
I made a chocolate zucchini cake the other day (recipe from on here somewhere) had 3 cups zucchini, yoghurt, nothing else to 'out there' and it was delish. Nephew loved it, got him to try it before i told him what it was, he turned his nose up for a minute after I told him, shrugged and finished off the rest of the quite large slice i took him (teenage bottomless pit). Tried to tell the other nephew the green flecks were bits of green pebbles as i'd run out of choc chips - don't think he fell for it. LOL

nauru, Dec 29, 4:48am
I make a Chocolate Zucchini cake too, baked in the MW on high for 8 mins. It's a lovely moist cake similar to a mud cake without all the eggs and you can't tell it has Zucchini in it. My Grandkids love it, they have no idea (and who am I to tell them) it has a vegetable in it or they wouldn't eat it, the things we do.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 29, 4:51am
Thanks DT4 - some good ones there to try. I've got a new spiral cutter (thanks Santa) and it makes awesome courgetti.

nauru, Dec 29, 4:54am
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
125g butter
3/4 cup sugar
11/2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs
1/2 teasp each cinnamon & mixed spice
1/2 cup choc chips
3/4 cup cocoa
11/2 cups SR flour
1/4 cup plain yoghurt

Cream butter & sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat in between each egg. Add spices, zucchini, choc chips & yoghurt & mix well. Add cocoa and flour and mix. Put mixture into a prepared microwave cake pan. Bake in microwave on high for 8 minutes. Stand 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.

I have will bump another Zucchini thread for you horse30, some good recipes in there too.

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 29, 8:49am
This would be the most popular recipe I have passed around, its from an Australian Womens Weekly recipe book about 30years ago! .

Zucchini Slice.
3-4 Grated Zucchini
3-4 Rashes of chopped bacon. leave out if vegetarian
1 large onion finely chopped or grated.
1/2 cup of oil. I use Rice Bran
5 eggs. good if you have chickens too :-( sadly no more
1 cup of grated cheese
1 cup of self raising flour
Salt and Pepper

Mix all together . easy peasy, in the oven 180oC 30-40 mins. its delicous for breakfast lunch or tea, lunch the next day. Can also be made in large muffin tins for a lunch/dinner with salad, Nice with a tomato chutney or relish of your choice and sometimes I have added a couple of teaspoons of grainy mustard.
I used to make one and hubby would take it to work for his daily lunch!

I no longer have a garden either so will have to buy Zucchini!

nauru, Dec 30, 5:28am
That is a great recipe kiwiscrapper, I've made it a few times, usually adding some chopped red capsicum and spring onion. Haven't made it in a while, must get my AWW book out and try it again, makes great picnic food too.

alston, Jan 2, 12:02am
Quick one. Slice round peeled courgettes , fry or saute in oil or butter with garlic, I use garlic flakes until cooked to your liking. place in shallow dish, a large pyrex lid is great . Cover with a layer of cheese and grill to crispy brown.