Pulled Pork (Mad Butcher)

Page 1 / 2
jessie981, Aug 19, 3:53am
Has kilo packs for $10. Seem to becoming the in thing to cook
Does anyone have a recipe/s

muffin2, Aug 19, 4:13am
avoid the mad butchers pork - it will more often be from China of somewhere and for that proce will not be free range

kaddiew, Aug 19, 4:18am
Do you mean they're selling kilo bags of cooked pulled pork?

kay141, Aug 19, 4:36am
Are you accusing them of mislabelling their meat as all their advertising, that I have seen, states NZ Pork?

uli, Aug 19, 4:38am
Most NZ pork is not free range either.

2009 article:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2418545/Comedian-does-U-turn-on-pork Uncover the facts of NZ pig farming: http://safe.org.nz/issue/factory-farming-pigs

jessie981, Aug 19, 5:26am
Trays

awoftam, Aug 19, 6:34am
Keen to understand this. It's not free range, no, most pork sold here isn't (at the moment!) however your statement that it is 'more often' from China 'or somewhere' (where is somewhere?) is a serious one given their claims their pork is NZ pork. Why is it you believe this? Have I missed something?

awoftam, Aug 19, 6:35am
Why do you need a recipe if its cooked? I am confused. agai-
n!

245sam, Aug 19, 6:44am
jessie981, there's a pulled pork recipe on The Mad Butcher's website at:-

http://madbutcher.kiwi/recipes/south-african-pulled-pork/

Hope that helps. :-))

kaddiew, Aug 19, 6:45am
Ditto!

jessie981, Aug 19, 6:45am
No confusion needed, never cooked with so want to know how to use, o.k?

jessie981, Aug 19, 6:47am
So please tell your fav recipe!

awoftam, Aug 19, 6:52am
That's for raw pork, it appears OPs is cooked. hence my question in my last post. Think she wants to know what to do with it, as opposed to how to cook it.

awoftam, Aug 19, 6:57am
OP, if it is cooked, I assume it has a sauce on it? Traditionally pp was served hot in buns with coleslaw.

jessie981, Aug 19, 7:51am
No sauce, looked like cooked shredded chicken, that's why i was asking how to use.

245sam, Aug 19, 9:08am
jessie981, I don't have any tried and tested recipes to offer you but for ideas on what to use pulled pork for/with/in I suggest that you have a look at:-

http://familyspice.com/leftover-pulled-pork-recipe/

There are lots of ideas on that link so hope that helps. :-))

jessie981, Aug 19, 9:16am
Thanks muchly

fifie, Aug 19, 9:20am
jessie if the pork is cooked and shredded, just make up a easy peasy sauce maggi pepper is nice, put your cooked shredded pork in to heat through serve in bread rolls with coleslaw, or if you like make your own like this one., ¾ cup tomato sauce
¾ cup water
¼ cup vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
1 ½ tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ cup minced onion
1 clove minced garlic
Simmer all 20 minutes then add the shredded pork to warm through. Put into rolls with coleslaw.

muffin2, Aug 19, 9:50am
if the label states NZ pork then it probably is, but MIL has been into one in Chch a few times and asked where the pork was from and they said 'China'

wendalls, Aug 19, 10:22am
I bought some cooked shredded pork in a pre packed container from the deli meats at supermarket. It had some sort of sauce which was blerk. Was hoping for an alternative sandwich filling for kids. Will have to make my own. Problem is I'd eat it all up and there'd be none left for sammies. Jessie's sauce sounds good.

meoldchina, Aug 19, 10:54am
What does "blerk" mean?

kaddiew, Aug 19, 11:03am
I don't have a recipe, sorry! I just wasn't sure if you were referring to cooked or raw pork.

awoftam, Aug 20, 3:39am
Awful, disgusting - blerk is the noise made when people vomit.

buster31, Aug 26, 10:33pm
I bought a boneless, skinless rolled pork loin from the MB a couple of months ago for about $9.99 kg. I was advised the pork came from the USA. Apparently NZ is not allowed to import pork skin. It was half the price of NZ pork. I was sceptical about the meat, but was pleasantly surprised - it was delicious! I assume for that price it would not have been free range though.

awoftam, Aug 27, 6:00am
You assume correctly and I am not sure if the MB ever stock FR pork. Many butchers (that I know of) do not. Yet.