Chelsea Winter's new book

maynard9, Oct 19, 2:16am
I shouted myself for Xmas - on special at Whouse - but just couldn't resist it.
Thought I would just have a quick flick through but have just sat and read every recipe while waiting for the oven cleaner to work.

Well a girls got to fill in her time some how while doing such a yuky job.

Wonderful book. Fabulous recipes and all stuff I would normally have.
Highly recommend - I know I will be using lots of recipes this summer

awoftam, Oct 19, 8:07am
I use her first one a bit, didn't the second and ended up giving it away. I have heard the third is the best one? Just found many of the recipes (although a good read) are a collection (or very similar) of what I already had gathered over the years from other cooks/books. There is no doubting she is a a great 'personality' though and uses social media brilliantly for promotion. Best I have seen so far. And good on her. Annabel Langbein played around the edges and now seems to have realised she has some competition lol her FB activity has increased hugely.

eastie3, Oct 19, 8:29am
I had a good look at her first two books but there was little of interest for me. However I can understand her huge popularity as her food is very appealing especially to younger or less experienced cooks and she uses readily available ingredients. She's also very media savvy and has an astute business sense. I'm (relatively)ancient and an experienced cook,but younger members of my family are fans. Good on her.

rarogal, Oct 19, 10:22pm
I have the first 2books and use them a lot Eastie, I'm mid 60s and love to cook and I find her recipes not too far from the norm if you get me. That chicken pie of hers for instance is to die for, a favourite with hubby, along with her peppermint slice, which I normally can't stand, but Chelsea's got me loving it!

natalie9, Oct 20, 4:22am
I just bought all 3 books at Whitcoulls on sale and spent today salivating. I'm so chuffed she's doing so well, she deserves it.

awoftam, Oct 20, 4:31am
I think what she has done for me is to take me back to some basics; and I don't mean that in a condescending way at all so please don't misunderstand. The chicken pie you mention is divine and until I read it in one of her books I hadn't made a chicken pie in years. Its great food that anyone could make. She has recognised and acted on a niche in the market and is just a gem. I think she is great.

rarogal, Oct 20, 7:45pm
My thoughts precisely!

ruth60, Aug 18, 2:19am
I bought her new book 'Homemade Happiness' on Sunday. Fabulous recipes. Ones you would actually make. I made the Way Better Devilled Sausages tonight. Delicious! Next up Kiwi Shepherd Pie and Mediterranean Meatballs. The dessert and baking recipes are great too. I recommend this cookbook. Her best yet.