Palmerston North Dining options recommendations?

deus701, Apr 2, 1:52am
It's for my brother's graduation dinner. I would lean towards quantity than quality. He's more of a potatoes & steak person and have no appreciation of fine dining with small portions.

Any recommendations! If there are places like Sequia 88 or Valentines buffet, it will be great.

clydris, Apr 2, 2:15am
Pretty sure theres a valentines (i think its on ferguson st, next to the mcds)
There is a lone star in town. Mongolian bbq is good (dinner you pay set price, comes with all you can eat dinner which has a small buffet selection. Main is stirfry etc, you choose meats, veges, noodles etc, add your own sauce to flavour, then they cook it in front of you. Dessert is pancake, again cooked infront of you) kinda small resteraunt, so depends on numbers you are thinking of

lodgelocum, Apr 2, 2:23am
I would recommend Speights Ale House, their meals are very generous, great variety and good prices.They have an upstairs dining area which could take a larger group.We have never been disappointed when eating there.

nellbee, Apr 2, 2:24am
Lone Star sounds like an option along the 'big is good' lines. Congrats to your brother - it's worth celebrating.

clydris, Apr 2, 2:57am
Yep, forgot about them.

Theres quite a variety of places that have good, cheap, hearty meals.it is student city afterall!

lodgelocum, Apr 2, 3:27am
Yep, heaps of places but some better than others.Will never go back to Acqua (sp) Bar, last time they brought the main out while still eating our entrée, sent it back, and when the main was brought out again, the steak was cold so probably just sat there waiting on us to finish our first course.

deus701, Apr 2, 5:06am
Thank u all for the recommendations.
It would be a party of 11.(5 family, while 6 others invited themselves so I am not feeling so 'generous' in treating them all to LoneStar).

I also expect most places will be book out since its graduation time. And thanks nellbee for ur kind words, I myself am amazed that 6years of drinking n clubbing and he will have a dr. next to his name.

lodgelocum, Apr 2, 5:09am
That's really cool, good on him, a Dr no less.

nauru, Apr 2, 6:05am
Valentines is in Featherston St, just off Rangitikei, McD's is on the corner.

clydris, Apr 2, 9:18am
Sorry, yes you're right, im getting my streets mixed up (i just knew it was by a mcds!)

maynard9, Apr 2, 7:44pm
On no account go to Valentines.

Lone Star would be great.If you book early enough they have a separate room out the back.

guest, Mar 20, 6:57pm
Over the past year I've been shctiwing all my sites to word press. In fact, I'm shctiwing an individual client's site from Joomla at the moment and will continue on the WordPress train. Woo Woo!

guest, Mar 21, 2:58am
Thank you so much for the template! My theme this year is suoerherpes and I added a text to them for our TEST - "We are SUPER test takers!" They turned out so cute!