Do you use your pressure cooker

Page 2 / 2
olwen, Feb 17, 9:33pm
I have an small Indianpressure cooker (bought at an Indian supply shop in Petone) wider it is deep.I would use it much more if I was on my own, rather than cooking for someone who likes to dictate the menu and cooking method.

gerry64, Feb 18, 1:18am
just been to a demo of the NewWave duo cooker - looked impressive -

stefanie, Feb 18, 1:43am
I bught a very cheap pressure cooker on TM about 6 years ago, I think around $30 and it was new (not a brand). I use it for bolognaise sauce, goulash, stews, legumes, pea soup and everything which requires longer cooking. There was no manual, but the only thing I ever overcooked was sauerkraut. It's very handy, specially for tougher meats.

pamellie, Feb 18, 3:29am
I think the only thing I have used for in the last couple of years is to keep something warm, so when we come home tea is ready. I wouldn't replace it if it dies and when I'm cleaning out my kitchen cupboards I'moften tempted to throw it out!

gerry64, Feb 18, 3:36am
cheers pamellie

uli, Feb 18, 3:49am
How do you keep something "warm" in a pressure cooker!
I would have thought a crock pot a much better option for that.

uli, Feb 18, 4:16am
I will ask him if I find him one day - YOUR MR Uli - whoever he is.

huggy5, Feb 18, 4:20am
I prefer the pressure cook function on my Breville to the slow cook.I just have never found a slow cooker recipe that I liked, but I'm about to cook a whole chicken in the pressure cooker (my new fav way of doing chicken).I also prefer it for chilli, the flavours seem to blend less and remain more distinct.

pamellie, Feb 18, 5:31am
You have misunderstood. The crockpot is what I use to keep things warm on the odd occasion I use it. My pressure cooker I use on a weekly basis.

gerry64, Feb 18, 5:56am
huggy5 - do you season the chicken in a special way - or what is your method for doing a whole chicken

uli, Feb 18, 8:11am
So you have 2 different pots!
Or do you have one of those modern hybrids that are crock pots in disguise which also pressure cook!
And how do you like it if it is the latter!

pamellie, Feb 18, 6:38pm
Yes I do have two different pots. I don't think I would bother with the hybrid as I don't see a lot of value in a crockpot these days.

uli, Feb 19, 4:01am
I like my crockpot for stews when I have no time to supervise and for long slow things like apple butter or plum sauce.

I also have 2 pots but hardly ever use the pressure cooker now since I have a freezer and do not use it to preserve meat and fish any more.