Pressure Cooker

skye7, May 7, 8:24am
Hi All
After reading some of the threads and listening to "Radio Live, Home and Garden Show" this morning I have decided to buy a Pressure Cooker. My question is related to what size to buy. Does anyone have any advice related to which size would be advisable when cooking for two.
Thank you, any advice gratefully accepted.

subo, May 7, 10:15am
If just cooking for two a small one would do but if cooking for a family a large one would be better.

skye7, May 7, 10:45am
Thank you for that. I have found a 5L on TM so might just go with this.

olwen, May 7, 11:12am
If I had the money I'd buy one of the sets of two pots sharing one lid.I prefer the type where the lid fits over a conventional looking pot rather than the type where the lid goes inside the pot.I love my little Indian saute pan but sometimes fine it too small.My mother's pressure cooker came with baskets for veges that you might find useful, so look at what extras are available.Also look at whether the pressure is adjustable.

Another option worth investigating is the Breville comibination slow cooker/pressure cooker.

A useful website is http://missvickie.com

skye7, May 7, 11:14am
Thank you, great advice

lindylambchops1, May 8, 2:12am
I have just purchased the most awesome Breville Fast Slow Cooker.It combines the slow cooker with the pressure cooker.Functions include saute, slow cook, pressure cook & warms.Some days I slow cook with it other days I pressure cook.I love the fact that you cansaute the veg or meat before either slow cooking or pressure cooking.It was a bargain at Noel Leeming's for $179.00 recently.

andrew499, May 8, 4:47am
i too have an electric pressure cooker.However, mine is a tefal and doesn't have the slow cook option.however, i really like it and use it a lot.it has a six litre cooking pot, but always remember you can only fill a pressure cooker half to two-thirds full so you might want to bare that in mind when you purchase one.
Cheers

skye7, May 8, 7:51am
Thank you all for your responses. I purchased a recipe book today so now have to pursue with a purchase.

olwen, May 8, 11:12am
If I had the money I'd buy one of the sets of two pots sharing one lid.I prefer the type where the lid fits over a conventional looking pot rather than the type where the lid goes inside the pot.I love my little Indian saute pan but sometimes fine it too small.My mother's pressure cooker came with baskets for veges that you might find useful, so look at what extras are available.Also look at whether the pressure is adjustable.

Another option worth investigating is the Breville comibination slow cooker/pressure cooker.

A useful website is http://missvickie.com

lindylambchops1, May 9, 2:12am
I have just purchased the most awesome Breville Fast Slow Cooker.It combines the slow cooker with the pressure cooker.Functions include saute, slow cook, pressure cook & warms.Some days I slow cook with it other days I pressure cook.I love the fact that you cansaute the veg or meat before either slow cooking or pressure cooking.It was a bargain at Noel Leeming's for $179.00 recently.

andrew499, May 9, 4:47am
i too have an electric pressure cooker.However, mine is a tefal and doesn't have the slow cook option.however, i really like it and use it a lot.it has a six litre cooking pot, but always remember you can only fill a pressure cooker half to two-thirds full so you might want to bare that in mind when you purchase one.
Cheers

pamellie, May 9, 6:11am
I have a fagor duo which I think is about 6 litres. I love it and wouldn't be without it now.

pamellie, May 10, 6:11am
I have a fagor duo which I think is about 6 litres. I love it and wouldn't be without it now.

skye7, May 13, 11:51pm
We decided on a Breville"the fast slow cooker", have used to twice and it is fantastic. The meatloaf was cooked in 20minutes and tasted divine. The Roast Chicken (size 24) was cooked in one hour and was moist and very tasty.

I am hooked, easy to use, easy to clean, and food is fantastic.

Thank you all for your responses, very appreciated.

eljayv, May 14, 1:29am
Everyone is talking pressure cookers but I seldom see them in stores .The only ones I have seen are the Breville 2 in on and a couple of Russell Hobbs.i woul like to check out some other brands anyone suggest where I can see them?

olwen, May 14, 1:43am
I went to an Indian supplies store.They had several (but without instructions).Better kitchenware shops should have them.

eljayv, May 15, 1:29am
Everyone is talking pressure cookers but I seldom see them in stores .The only ones I have seen are the Breville 2 in on and a couple of Russell Hobbs.i woul like to check out some other brands anyone suggest where I can see them!