Smoked Marlin...what to do with

leoness67, Apr 27, 4:11am
x1
I've been given a 400gm chunk of smoked marlin, previously frozen now thawed. Need to do something with it tonight. My only thoughts have been to flake it into a creamy sauce and put over puff pastry or pasta, any other inspirational ideas would be appreciated.

teddy147, Apr 27, 4:34am
its nice in a smoked fish pie.

rarogal, Apr 27, 5:24am
Make a dip of some kind - a friend had a bulk lot of smoked marlin also and the dip she made was to die for - I'd share the recipe if I knew it!

fisher, Apr 27, 5:45am
Smoked Marlin and Potato
Preheat the oven to 180C
Ingredients:
100ml olive oil. . 1 onion, diced. . 2 garlic cloves, crushed. . 10 small waxy potatoes, skins on. . 1 pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper. . 100g Butter. . 8 slices smoked marlin. . 1 bunch parsley, chopped . . 1 lemon, zest and juice. . 450ml fish stock. . 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed. .
Method:. .
Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion and garlic on a medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes or so. Set aside.
Slice the potatoes thinly. Heat oil to cover bottom of a large frying pan... Fry the potato slices until coloured on both sides, about 4 minutes... Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper to blot away excess oil. /
Generously butter an oven dish and layer the potatoes, slices of Marlin, onion, and parsley, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
Squeeze a splash of lemon juice and add a sprinkling of zest as you build up the layers. Dot the top layer with a few knobs of butter.
Pour over enough stock to cover. Finally, sprinkle over the crushed fennel seeds and bake for about 60 mins...
The potatoes should be soft enough to crush between your fingers. .
Serve with fresh bread and steamed peas on the side. .

marywea, Mar 10, 6:15pm
Smoked Marlin Pate
From Felicity
Kitchen Whizz definitely needed-blender took forever.
I found it was rather dry and added more lemon. Take from fridge an hour or so before use.

Now for a marlin recipe - this has been a very popular one - for a Pate:
400g marlin,
1 pot cream cheese- 250gr.
1 clove garlic
1 tspn mustard
salt & pepper
75g butter
1 tblespnlemon juice
Put all together in kitchen whiz and blend.
Keeps forever in little sealed pots in freezer.