Kitchenaide beater question

gerry64, Mar 7, 9:50pm
Is it worthwhile spending another $50 or so to buy the scraper beater attachment - love my beater but have read this attachment saves a lot of beating time

gerry64, Mar 8, 12:46am
bumping for cookessentials welcome comment

cookessentials, Mar 8, 1:32am
Hi gerry64, it is personal choice really. I personally do not have it ( yet) and I may get it at some stage but I am not fussed right now. If you are using your stand mixer a lot and using the beater attachment, you may very well find it useful.

gerry64, Mar 8, 2:19am
thanks cookes - from what I have read it negates having to scrape the sides of the bowl down

cookessentials, Mar 8, 2:26am
Yes, it does and it is great and I think if you use your beater a lot, then it is well worth it. I do have one on my list but it is not a priority.

gerry64, Mar 8, 3:31am
Home Depot have them on special over here at the moment for $45 so am very tempted

carriebradshaw, Mar 8, 3:57am
I have the scraper beater and I find it very good.Depending on how much mixture there is I sometimes still stop halfway through and give a quick scrape but find it so much better than the original beater.Actually,I haven't used the original beater since I got the scraper beater!

gerry64, Mar 8, 5:51am
Cheers Carrie will order one

sit1, Mar 9, 9:24am
I have the flat beater and the scraper beater, I use the scraper beater for pancake batter and sloppy things.I found when I used it for cookie dough I got a wee pocket directly under the beater that didn't mix as well, when you look at the scraper you'll see the rubber bit stops before the end of the beater, just a small pocket and not really problematic, but I don't get it tith the regular flat beater.

gerry64, Mar 9, 11:04am
thanks sit - this MB is great for getting practical advice like you have given me