I have a mutton ham.What do......

chumbys, Apr 26, 9:47pm
I do with it, it has been cured smoked(lIke a Xmas ham)so do i just glaze and bake then eat it cold. ? ? ? HELP

margyr, Apr 26, 9:49pm
yum, you lucky thing, yep just do it like a xmas ham and eat either hot or cold. I used to do them for years on xmas eve when we have heaps of friends over for dinner, one of my better off friends husbands commented to her how nice my ham was compared to the ones the got ( real ones). Have not seen them for years though.

harrislucinda, Apr 26, 9:52pm
isitraw? orbeen cookedthen justuselikehamitisyummm

margyr, Apr 26, 9:58pm
if it is raw cook it in oven first like a mutton roast, and then do the glazing like your christmas ham.

chumbys, Apr 26, 10:02pm
Thanks, the butcher said they are nice, we had them done when we had our sheep processed, something different instead of a leg roast and this was a old ewe. Its smoked so I presume its cooked. ? ? Might ring the butcher.
Also margr how long will it keep for in the fridge, I have a ham bag to put it in. Cheers

margyr, Apr 26, 10:08pm
check that out with your butcher too chumbys, i am paranoid when it comes to keeping meat so probably chuck it out before it needs to be. I know lots that have the ham going from Christmas through to new years and they seem to survive, but i make mine get eaten by the day after Boxing Day, and then it either gets sliced and frozen or thrown out.

vailima1, Apr 27, 7:52am
Can you still buy these? They were great...

margyr, Dec 18, 7:10pm
saw some mutton hams in countdown yesterday, $80 for a leg!!!!!!!!!! more expensive than the "proper" ham per kilo.

rubyjane11, Dec 19, 1:28am
yes same...I nearly fell to the ground at the price...no longer a cheaper version of ham

kimmie1, Dec 19, 2:57am
Someone must have priced that wrong surely. How on earth could they be more expensive than the real thing.

margyr, Nov 15, 2:57pm
I got all excited when I saw them as I used to love them, nicer than proper ham in my opinion. but heck when I saw the price I left them there, am in the local countdown daily so will keep my eye on them and see if they get reduced to clear;)