Kitchen handy hints

Page 1 / 2
roseyglow, Feb 12, 6:25am
Use a double layer of non stick paper in your george forman putting your food between the layers. The food has the same 'çolouring'' as it has without paper on
NO CLEANING!
Any other tips girls n guys!

floralsun, Feb 12, 8:26am
Makes the grill cleaning up so much easier!

nauru, Feb 12, 8:39am
I keep a magnetic shopping list on the fridge to jot down items as they are used up and need replacing on next shopping trip.
To get rid of garlic/onion smells from your hands, rub soapy hands around sides of stainless steel sink and then rinse, no more smells.Way cheaper than buying one of those expensive SS bars for that purpose that kitchen shops sell.

samboy, Feb 12, 8:43am
is that baking paper!

camper18, Feb 12, 9:09am
If you do get spills on your electric griller or sandwich maker, when you have finished making your meal wet a couple of paper towels and lay across the whole surface and close the lid for a couple of minutes. Any stuck on residue will just wipe away as the steam softens it.

asue, Feb 12, 9:22am
White vinegar in your dishwasher for a super clean rinse cycle

roseyglow, Feb 13, 3:44am
none stick baking paper samboy

Put a dishwasher tablet in your toilet last thing at night to clean stained toilet any more ideas!

kay141, Feb 13, 3:46am
I put Napisan in my toilet when I'm going away. I have hard water which leaves a ring when it is not being flushed regularly.

roseyglow, Feb 13, 3:49am
If u have dishwasher drawers put the 'shoe' (filter) from the drawer not being used into the drawer being washed to clean

kaddiew, Feb 13, 3:50am
When juicing lemons (and not making marmalade etc), don't throw anything away.Grate and freeze the zest, put the skins in a jug of water and bring to the boil in the microwave to clean and sanitise it, then cool a little and pour it all down the waste disposal unit to do same.

sarahb5, Feb 13, 5:15am
And use it in your washing machine instead of fabric softener too

deus701, Feb 13, 5:50am
In times of emergency, call 0800-838383 and choose option 1 for delivery.

roseyglow, Feb 15, 7:27pm
put your teapot upside down in dishwasher it takes the stains out no probs

figjamto, Feb 15, 9:28pm
When cleaning pantry shelves add a small amount of lavender oil to soapy water.helps keep insects (pantry moths) out

uli, Feb 16, 8:25am
Good god - you WASH your teapot!

hilt_dwane, Feb 16, 8:12pm
Why not!

daisyhill, Feb 16, 10:28pm
Washing teapots is sacrilege! Takes away all the lovely flavoured tannin stains from the inside. Tsk tsk :-)

uli, Feb 16, 10:47pm
Because I have been taught by several old English ladies that the patina inside the pot is necessary for best flavour.

Maybe younger English ladies don't know this!
Or the emigrated people have other standards now!
Who knows!

cookessentials, Feb 16, 11:20pm
I didn't think you EVER listened to anybody "English"

cookessentials, Feb 16, 11:45pm
When measuring golden syrup, a little oil brushed inside your measuring cup lets the syrup come out nice and clean when pouring it out of the cup.

linette1, Feb 17, 1:39am
Regarding teapots I agreed with this:
" If it’s not unglazed, then the ‘never clean a teapot’ business is, I’m afraid, a bit of a myth. That layer of asphalt on the inside isn’t actually the tea, it’s primarily the tannins in the tea and the only thing they add to the pot, is a dirty look."

From a 5th generation born and bred NZer,never emigrated and will never immigrate.

molly37, Feb 17, 1:51am
I'm amazed people still use teapots!

cookessentials, Feb 17, 2:34am
I just used one this afternoon. Have gone back to a good leaf tea - Tleaf brand and a great teapot ( the only one to use) Zero Japan as they dont pee everywhere when you pour from them. I had English breakfast and later I will have Earl Grey Blue flower. Beats tea bags hands down.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 2:35am
well perhaps it will match the other posters house then!

uli, Feb 17, 3:05am
Oh yes I do - I said before you have no idea who I am LOL :)