Low fat recipes after gallbladder removal

raewyn64, Jan 22, 2:27am
Hi all
I have just had my gallbladder removed last week and so I need to adapt my diet to reduce fats to keep everything working inside me correctly.
So I am looking for any recipes or web sites that people might recommend. Mainly dinner meals - currently I am just eating chicken breasts and fish - I haven't been brave enough to venture to red meat. And I am keeping clear of cheese at present except I have had some low fat cottage cheese on my sandwhich for lunch along with salad. I have been making my version of rissotto and that has been going fine
I would also like some recipes for low fat "snacks" to take to work for morning tea - I used to take biscuits, sometimes home made but more shop bought ones.
But any tht you can help me with - basically I have to watch fat on meats, full fat dairy including cheeses and also eggs.
Also any recipes from those who have ben where I am and they have worked for them would also be appreciated.
Thanks so much for any suggestions, recipes or links to sites.

red2, Jan 22, 2:30am
Hi - you may find the Healthy Food Guide magazine helpful - they have a website too . Good luck with your recovery !

raewyn64, Jan 22, 2:37am
thanks red2 I had forgotten about them. I shall go and have a look for them.

nfh1, Jan 22, 2:38am
Healthy Food Guide mag is fantastic and I also like this site from the BBC

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/healthy/low-fat/

raewyn64, Jan 22, 3:02am
thanks nfh1 that looks a really good site too.

jcdm, Jan 25, 7:33am
Just eat low fat food, don't add oil and butter.Eat fresh produce, veges fruit, lean cuts of meat.quite simple

uli, Jan 25, 7:39am
Meat, veges and some fruit, lots of salads and fish - a bit of nuts and dairy - not too much cream, olive oil or butter and you will be fine. In time the body adapts and you can use a bit more fat.

sticky232, Jan 25, 7:42am
Had mine done approx.8 months ago and eat anything and everything

rose021, Jan 25, 8:22am
if you can get hold of a recipe book called Nosh then it will be very helpful, I too had my gallbladder removed and found this book great

raewyn64, Jan 26, 7:04am
thanks so much everyone. I found that I could get a subscription to Healthy Food Guide magazine from my Flybuys points so I have done that. I had my first lot of red meat the other day - silverside which I made sure all the fat was off and that went down fine so I am happy with that.

kuaka, Jan 26, 7:25am
Me too, five years ago.I asked if I needed to stick to a special diet of any sort and was told to just eat what I wanted, so I did/do, no problems.

nojack, Jan 26, 7:36am
sticky232 wrote:
Had mine done approx.8 months ago and eat anything and everything
kuaka wrote:
Me too, five years ago. I asked if I needed to stick to a special diet of any sort and was told to just eat what I wanted, so I did/do, no problems.

Me too, 10 years ago. Eat what I want, no problems. Everybody is different; trial and error I suppose, but food has never been an issue.

raewyn64, Jan 26, 7:44am
thanks sticky232, kuaka and nojack for that. Fingers crossed everything will be the same for me, but probably this isn't a bad time for me to review what I eat and maybe make some changes for the better. :)

guest, Apr 2, 9:29am
hello! I found your blog via pinterest, and I just wenatd to send you a compliment for your lovely artwork!Greetings from Kiel and "ahoi"!Meike