What to do with 2 Crayfish.

jaydan1, Jan 12, 7:11am
Wanting to make a special meal for 2.other than the usual of just eating it with salt, pepper and vinegar, which is usually they way we eat it.

Was thinking about making pasta ( homemade ) and tossing it in olive oil, garlic, chilli flakes, parmasan and salt n pepper.

Any other recipes would be greatly appreciated.cheers ;)

pickles7, Jan 12, 7:52am
We only ever eat crayfish cold, with salt pepper and vinegar. We have had a few this year, very nice I have to say.

akjg, Jan 12, 8:05am
we do ours in garlic butter, or in a mornay sauce or straight out of the pot with no extra flavouring. Have also done them in a smokehouse or on the BBQ in foil with whatever herbs we have on hand at the beach. Have never tried it with vinegar but your pasta dishsounds pretty good too. Enjoy whatever you decide :)

biggles45, Jan 12, 8:07pm
I do it cold. Break it into bite sized pieces and toss into either a green salad or rice salad. Also good with a piquant sauce/dip, easy recipe mix equal parts Heinz salad cream (mayonaise isn't sharp enough to get the right taste) and tomato sauce. Mix well and pour onto salad/cray.

craftylady1, Jan 12, 9:50pm
cant beat cold crayfish with just a bit of salt

pickles7, Jan 13, 12:09am
We have just had another two dropped off at our place. I may make a seafood sauce to have with these. Our luck must be near over.

seniorbones, Jan 13, 2:45am
I have used in a seafood rissoto.just a normal rissoto recipe and then added shrimps fish and last the crayfish just enough to warm through, son cooks on the bbq raw and with a horseradish and lime mayo.my daughter always hated crays until she tried it the way her brother cooks it now she loves it!

jaydan1, Jan 13, 4:22am
Thanks for the ideas ;). Mmmm love the rissotto, we could make a nice stock with the shell.

030303, Jan 15, 12:51pm
Invite me!