How do I store cakes in this weather?

agave1, Jan 18, 8:50am
Shall I put in an airtight container and keep in pantry/fridge!
Or just wrap in something!keep where!
thanks.

harrislucinda, Jan 18, 8:55am
whattypearetheySpongeorfruittype
howlongfor!/

agave1, Jan 18, 8:57am
3 days ago we made an orange madiera type cake - made with a cup of cream in it instead of butter.
today we made a carrot cake with crushed pineapple in so quite moist.
gets eaten within less than a week.

harrislucinda, Jan 18, 9:01am
yesanycakewithfruitindoes,ntkeeplongevenin asealedtingoesmouldy

agave1, Jan 18, 9:03am
so should I put it in the fridge!
that goes for Xmas cakes too I guess!

sarahb5, Jan 18, 9:17am
Well it's freezing in New Plymouth at the moment so would be pretty safe on the bench but I just ate the last piece of a banana cake that I made 10 days ago and kept in the fridge in a Tupperware box with a piece of kitchen paper in there and it was perfect.

hotstuff111, Jan 18, 9:19am
i cut all my cake and wrap some in gladwrap and put into the freezer and just take out when needed.

agave1, Jan 18, 9:21am
sorry, should have said I'm in the Far North. so it's hot up here.

sarahb5, Jan 18, 9:25am
I have teenage boys so it doesn't usually last more than a couple of days but they've been away that's why there was still some left for me!

mamaa, Jan 18, 11:20am
Yesgladwrap and freezer great.Thaws real quick or you can just pop in micro for 10 secs.Even biscuits good as well.

clareo, Jan 19, 12:54am
Ours get stored in our stomachs!

cookiebarrel, Jan 19, 2:39am
I'm in the Bay of Plenty and at the moment am keeping all my cakes in the fridge, wrapped in greaseproof paper in a plastic bag with the opening tied-up.If it has a soft icing on top I still gently wrap it in greaseproof paper and put in a plastic sealed container in the fridge.Better to be safe than sorry and I would hate to have to throw anything out because it had gone 'off' or mouldy.

guest, Apr 2, 8:34am
Boy that rlealy helps me the heck out.