Fat reduced cheese

Page 2 / 2
uli, Jan 6, 8:08am
Who cares what you class it as!
It IS a cheese if you think so or not doesn't make any difference.

davidt4, Jan 6, 9:36am
Thanks for that - good idea.I was thinking about European names , but local is good.

toffeey, Jan 6, 9:52am
I always thought ricotta was a bit odd too until my fave cafe started using copious amounts of it. It was wonderful and it turned out she was making it fresh. It sounded pretty simple to do too but i've never tried

daleaway, Jan 6, 10:41pm
Second this - the reduced fat feta is excellent, and I don't care whether it's made from dolphin milk or elephant milk, it's still feta to me.

sarahb5, Jan 6, 11:41pm
Ha ha - it's the taste that matters!

I'm trying the Taverna Domyati "salad cheese" this week for my lunches - it's Egyptian.Not sure what the nutritional values are by comparison with the goats milk feta I usually buy but just felt like a change.

evorotorua, Jan 7, 12:16am
Haha, Egyptian cheese. Milk MUST come from a mummy! (Silly hot afternoon humour.)

sarahb5, Jan 7, 12:19am
Ha ha - probably - hopefully a live mummy mammal though and not the ancient, bandage-wrapped variety!I should be able to tell from the taste whether it's been around for 2,000 years or not.

uli, Jan 7, 12:53am
Yeah there was some real mummy ice cream for a while .

figjamto, Jan 7, 3:09am
I like Bega Light for a low fat cheese its quite tasty

lynneandella, Jan 7, 10:17am
I've stopped buying cheese as my daughter doesn't really like it and I was eating far too much of it but I brought easiyo yoghurt powder which i am going to make into cheese - quite exciting as you can also make it into dip or dressings etc