anzac biscuits!! does anybody else have this

Page 1 / 2
bellaclare, Apr 24, 11:19pm
problem? ? ? ? ... ... after adding golden syrup and butter baking soda and water mixture is still dry! ! everytime i use this recipe the same thing, i add extra golden syrup etc any ideas pls ...

cgvl, Apr 24, 11:33pm
depends on what your recipe is I think. Sometimes mine are dryish sometimes not. I add a bit more water if too dry.
Recipe I use is: 3oz (75g) flour, 4oz(125gm) sugar, 2oz (60gm)butter, 1cup coconut, 1cup rolled oats, 1Tbsp golden syrup, ½tsp baking soda and 2Tbsp boiling water.

bellaclare, Apr 24, 11:35pm
hi there the recipe i use is CHELSEA ... I MAKE SURE I STICK TO THE RECIPE AND STILL NO LUCK ... . .

macandrosie, Apr 29, 10:53pm
You are welcome to try my recipe have used it for many years & it works every time! Good luck1
Anzac Biscuits

2 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats
2tspbakingpowder250 gr butter
2 cups coconut
2 tabs golden syrup
2 cups sugar
4 tabs hot water
1 tsp baking soda
Blend together dry ingredients except b. s. Dissolve soda in water
& add to dry ingreds. Melt butter & syrup then add. Roll into dessertspoon size balls, press with a fork. Bake at
180°C for 10-15 mins.

natalie9, Apr 30, 12:49am
I find the Edmonds recipe works perfect. I had a previous recipe that did that.

bel55, Apr 30, 3:46am
I made the 'Fresh in the Kitchen' receipe for Anzac biscuits, pretty much the same as 'macandrosie's one, but has vanilla essence as well, for that receipe 2 tsps. It is quitw a wet mixture. I put 1/4 cup scoopsful on the baking tray, squashed them down after a while, and I ended up with 4-5 inch cookies. With another batch I added half a cup of cranberries, and called them Cranzac Cookies! YUM! ! ! !

harrislucinda, Apr 30, 4:20am
i haveoverwrittentheedmondson 3ingredthiscameoutbetter. 1/2cup offlour1/2cupsugar1cup coconut1cupoats100grmbutter3tlbsp golden syrup1/2 tspbaking soda2tlbspboiling then followmethodforbaking

bel55, Apr 30, 4:20am
I made the 'Fresh in the Kitchen' receipe for Anzac biscuits, pretty much the same as 'macandrosie's one, but has vanilla essence as well, for that receipe 2 tsps. It is quite a wet mixture. I put 1/4 cup scoopsful on the baking tray, squashed them down after a while, and I ended up with 4-5 inch cookies. With another batch I added half a cup of cranberries, and called them Cranzac Cookies! YUM! ! ! !

bel55, Apr 30, 4:20am
I made the 'Fresh in the Kitchen' receipe for Anzac biscuits, pretty much the same as 'macandrosie's one, but has vanilla essence as well, for that receipe 2 tsps. It is quite a wet mixture. I put 1/4 cup scoopsful on the baking tray, squashed them down after a while, and I ended up with 4-5 inch cookies. With another batch I added half a cup of cranberries, and called them Cranzac Cookies! YUM!!!!

honeybean, Feb 6, 7:42am
Made these today - perfect !!!Thanks for posting.

honeybean, Feb 6, 7:42am
Made these today - perfect !Thanks for posting.

elliehen, Feb 6, 7:47am
I leave out the coconut - it zaps the recipe of moisture.They're chewier too.

elliehen, Feb 6, 7:47am
I leave out the coconut - it zaps the recipe of moisture.They're chewier too.

valentino, Feb 6, 10:26pm
I always have Nigella's Granola mix in my pantry (in a sealed container and used very often), great to use in Anzac biscuits instead of using oats, always comes out extra tasty, and good level of moisture.

Try it, you will never use the basic recipe again, it's addictive, LOL.

valentino, Feb 6, 10:26pm
I always have Nigella's Granola mix in my pantry (in a sealed container and used very often), great to use in Anzac biscuits instead of using oats, always comes out extra tasty, and good level of moisture.

Try it, you will never use the basic recipe again, it's addictive, LOL.

crayonstory, Feb 8, 3:19am
I use the Edmonds recipe but use 125g butter (rather than the 100g they recommend).I found their recipe a bit dry as it was.

gilligee, Apr 21, 3:27am
I always use the Edmonds one successfully but today it was so crumbley it was impossible to form balls and I certainly could not press flat with my fingers. It was as though I had missed an ingredient out and I evenput some extra butter in it. Maybe the butter is different these days. I like them flat and crisp but mine are round like bumble bees.

elliehen, Apr 21, 3:33am
I leave out the coconut - it zaps the recipe of moisture.They're chewier too.Justrepeating what I posted last year.I found a very old recipe which did not include coconut and have been making them without ever since.

gilligee, Apr 21, 3:46am
Thank you, will try that. Though I do love coconut.

jessie981, Apr 21, 5:05am
This is a yummy Ginger Anzac slice. Full mixture makes 2 large roll tins
2c rolled oats
2c plain flour
2c sugar
1&1/2c coconut
2tsps ginger
250gr butter
4TBSPs golden syrup
1tsp baking soda
2tsp boiling water
Mix dry ingredients except the b/soda.
Melt butter & g/syrup. Add to dry ingredients
Add b/soda to water then add to the mixture
Press into the sponge roll tins (or similiar)
Bake 150 - 160
Cut while warm & when cold drizzle melted chocolate over

lakestar, Apr 21, 8:25am
Butter changes throughout the year depending on the feed of the cows. You have to adjust your ingredients to match.

elliehen, Apr 22, 3:33am
I leave out the coconut - it zaps the recipe of moisture.They're chewier too.Justrepeating what I posted last year.I found a very old recipe which did not include coconut and have been making them without ever since.

bellaclare, Apr 24, 11:19pm
problem???? ......after adding golden syrup and butter baking soda and water mixture is still dry!! everytime i use this recipe the same thing,i add extra golden syrup etc any ideas pls ...

cgvl, Apr 24, 11:33pm
depends on what your recipe is I think. Sometimes mine are dryish sometimes not. I add a bit more water if too dry.
Recipe I use is: 3oz (75g) flour, 4oz(125gm) sugar, 2oz (60gm)butter, 1cup coconut, 1cup rolled oats, 1Tbsp golden syrup, ½tsp baking soda and 2Tbsp boiling water.

bellaclare, Apr 24, 11:35pm
hi there the recipe i use is CHELSEA ... I MAKE SURE I STICK TO THE RECIPE AND STILL NO LUCK .....