poce, Jan 2, 8:03am
And for afters -

Chocolate Courgette Cake

125gm butter
1 cup (packed)brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup yoghurt (any type, I use berry fruit)
2 1/2 cups of plain flour
3 cups (350g) grated courgette
1/4 cup of cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
Added 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 170 deg cel. line/grease 25cm square baking pan
beat softened butter with sugars in a mixer or food processor until light and creamy. mix in eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and 1/2 of the measured flour, then mix in grated courgette.
Sift in the remaining flour and the cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon/spice and salt.
Stir gently, then pour into the pan. Sprinkle with choc chips.
bake for 45mins or until centre feels firm.
cool on rack,

wendalls, Jan 2, 9:33am
Love annabels feta mint lemon juice etc. but i drown them in yoghurt and lemonjuice.Addictive even for one who is not a vege fan.

tarawera99, Jan 2, 10:56pm
I make mine with a bit of flour, egg , some seasonings just herbs, paprika or whatever lying around. Add some fried onion. I leave the mixture for about half and hour then cook on the BBQ hot plate.

lythande1, Jan 3, 1:26am
Rather boring. No I don't.
Generally I either add them to stirfries, the best thing really. Or casseroles, although you have to add them in at the end otherwise they go mushy.

daleaway, Jan 3, 1:29am
Lemon zest rather than mint works best in zucchini fritters - we've tried a lot of recipes and find the one on the Martha Stewart website appeals to the most people.

uli, Jan 3, 3:48am
Feed them halved to the chickens - they love them!

davidt4, Jan 3, 4:47am
I should post you ours.We also have scallopini the size of hub caps.

uli, Jan 3, 5:43am
Which only means you have not been out and about in the rain LOL :)
At that size they are called ufo's .

jhan, Dec 30, 4:23am
I'm looking after the neighbours garden and it has all sorts of veges. I don't normally like zucchini though and the neighbour says they make great fritters. So I picked a couple, put them in the kitchen wizz with salt and pepper, an egg and some flour and fried them. They weren't too bad, but a little plain. Does anyone else do these!

knowsley, Dec 30, 4:26am
I do. Usually add feta cheese, chili, garlic, spring onion etc. Usually serve with some relish as well. Very tasty.

olwen, Dec 30, 4:27am
You should squeeze any liquid out of them too.

bigsneak, Dec 30, 4:32am

dezzie, Dec 30, 4:37am
lol we chuck alsorts in ours, but usually a tin of creamed corn and some of the el cheapo bacon ends, and sometimes somecheese, have it with some sweet chilli sauce, we are soooo looking forward to having enough to make these again this year, even grew a couple of extra plants, we are going to freeze some this year, you can use the same mixture minus the cheese as a quiche.

uli, Dec 30, 4:42am
I use egg and bacon and onion and lots of herbs in mine together with salt and pepper of course.

uli, Dec 30, 4:43am
Rather than make fritters throw it all into a pie dish and bake it. Can top with cheese if you like.

bigsneak, Dec 30, 4:45am
Yes great idea above this recipe is yum with or without the Parmesan

http://www.food.com/recipe/layered-zucchini-and-tomato-bake-236710

karlymouse, Dec 30, 5:07am
I wonder why anyone would ever use dried oregano !(that recipe link mentions it)does anyone really use that stuff any more !

olwen, Dec 30, 5:18am
Many recipes say that dried oregano is better than fresh.One of the few herbs where this is the case

grannypam, Dec 30, 5:20am
We have courgettes/zucchinis coming out of our ears. I have been making pickle and giving it away .
Dont know why I planted so many to be honest as neither of us eat them.

davidt4, Dec 30, 5:21am
Oregano is one of the few herbs that is useful when dried (mint is another); it is much used in Middle Eastern and Greek cooking and has a completely different flavour from fresh oregano.I use it a lot, particularly as part of a marinade for chicken or lamb.

olwen, Dec 30, 5:27am
In the USA Aug 8 is "Sneak zucchini onto you neighbour's porch day",By Jan 8 we should be ready for it

karlymouse, Dec 30, 5:51am
OK interesting . I usually ignore when it says dried oregano and use fresh .

jhan, Dec 30, 5:59am
For tonights tea, me only, I made one giant zucchini fritter and ate it with sour cream, well I didn't have any relish and thanks to you all, it was tasty.

uli, Dec 30, 6:31am
I use it all the time - as it is not available fresh all year round - not even in Northland :)

uli, Dec 30, 8:40am
Must look interesting!