Regular chocolate truffles

tigerlily99, Dec 21, 9:33am
Does anyone have a proven recipe for the simple type of choc truffle with the chocolate hail coating! The melt-in-your-mouth sort. I would love to try them for the first time this Christmas.

chrisynz, Dec 21, 9:35am
two pkts mint slice
1 tub of cream cheese250g

blend biscuits , til semi fine add cream cheese.blend again

roll into balls and roll in chocolate hail or dip into chocolate

chrisynz, Dec 21, 9:39am
if you dont like the minty flavour , u can use chocolate tim tams of a flavour u like. u guess any type of chocolate biscuit would be good.

oreos are lovely too;;

carlos57, Dec 21, 10:04pm
I posted this one the other day - might be what you're looking for.

115g butter
170g dark chocolate
2 cups icing sugar
½ tsp essence of choice

Melt chocolate and butter together. Stir in 1 cup icing sugar, essence, and second cup of icing sugar. Roll into balls and coat with chocolate hail. Refrigerate.

pr1ncesswst, Dec 21, 10:23pm
I use choc sponge crumbled up, panache as the binding agent chuck in some booze if I feel like it then let it chill in the fridge, take out and roll into balls, dip in choc, roll in hail or coconut etc. Really simple and they are nice and smooth to eat:-)

nik12, Dec 22, 12:29am
This is similar to the edmound book recipe I use, it comes out melt in the mouth like you describe.I coated them in white choc this year, that was yum.

vampiriousmist, Dec 22, 1:47am
I have made these ones this year for gifts, and I addedmy own vanilla rum essence that I made - perhaps a tad too much :P

They melt in your mouth though !

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/dark-chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html

tigerlily99, Dec 23, 7:09pm
Thanks everyone for your recipes. I've never tried truffles, and the recipes online that I've seen have cream simmered up, so the cream cheese ones sound easy. Yummy.