Roast vege salad - dressing ideas .

xtownie, Dec 20, 3:22am
I want to make a roasted vege salad for Christmas Day does anyone have a nice dressing idea for this! I intend to use jersey benne, kumera, pumpkin, beetroot, zucchini, red onion, garlic, carrot for the salad.

roundtop, Dec 20, 3:29am
a nice aoli

sarahb5, Dec 20, 3:32am
Balsamic or red wine vinegar, a few fresh herbs and extra virgin olive oil or raspberry vinaigrette - I love aioli but I would only use it as a dip because it could smother the flavour of your vegetables

mackenzie2, Dec 20, 3:35am
Or you could roast it all in Sundried tomato oil, that will then form a dressing as it cools,

tam39, Dec 20, 3:48am
When i make a roast vege salad i just pour a bit of mint sauce on it. mint jelly is also good.

valentino, Dec 20, 4:00am
Noticed you included Beetroot, a nice dressing that goes with most salads with beetroot is Sour cream with some Wasabi (amount to taste) and some chopped dill, mixed well together then a wee bit of warm water for the right runniness, seasoned again by taste with salt and pepper (be careful and only a wee bit), put into a jar with a screw top and shake all together then drizzle over all prior to serving.

My Christmas salad this year is a combo of salad greens like Meculum, then bite sizes potatoes cooked but firm, a wee bit more greens then cubed bite sized beetroot, sliced chargrilled peeled capsicums, sliced chargrilled courgettes on top, with finely chopped red onion sprinkled with chopped fresh dill. Sometimes I might place some cubes of hot smoked herbed salmon, or pieces of meats like left-overs such as lamb, beef, ham etc.for a meal all in one especially if going somewhere and that dressing stays in the jar until ready to serve.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas.

rainrain1, Dec 20, 4:16am
Fold through one of those Good Taste dips in the pottle, there are plenty of flavours to choose from

holly-rocks, Dec 20, 4:49am

lucky1989, Dec 20, 5:02am
YUM! i like balsamic ones but never done that myself always cafe ones, what i do myself is add any of feta, broken cashews and/or bacon bits and let people serve thier own yoghurt and garlic etc sauce (from most supermarkets pretty typical bottle). Its loooovely. even just the sauce by its self and feta!

ngacooky, Dec 20, 5:36am
a combination of red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle over herb and garlic seasoning