Roasting a leg of lamb? My Mum used to roast hers

elsielaurie1, Dec 15, 12:11am
in the oven, on a rack, over a pan with water in the bottom. I never took that much notice of how long etc. but now I would like to know.Does anyone know of how to do this and the finer points!

sarahb5, Dec 15, 12:24am
Yes I do it this way - will see if I can find a link to the recipe I use which I got from Chef Google .

http://www.goodfood.com.au/good-food/cook/recipe/slowcooked-greek-lamb-20121123-29ux7.html

hyborn, Dec 15, 12:26am
We just use a roasting dish with a cover and cook for about 2-3 hours depending on size at about 160-180 muttion is good long and slow, I put a little salt on it you can cut holes and add garlic, rosemary etc I never put anything in the pan but lamb you might want a little water as probably not much fat on it, I put my veges in for the last hour and a half then uncover for 15 minutes or so on very high to roast up.Enjoy

elsielaurie1, Dec 15, 12:53am
Thank you.a bit fancier than my Mum would have done, but the basics are the same.Happy Christmas.

sarahb5, Dec 15, 3:12am
Yep and the water makes a great base for your gravy - it's definitely worth the long slow roasting - delicious succulent meat with loads of flavour.