Freezing Chickens

teejay20, Dec 7, 8:54pm
HIya, can anyone tell me if it is safe to freeze chickens which have stuffing in them, TIA

245sam, Dec 7, 10:31pm
teejay20, your question is one that I have difficulty in answering conclusively because I always understood and still believe that chickens should be stuffed just before cooking BUT it is possible to buy oven-ready i.e. already-stuffed frozen chickens.
I do not buy the already-stuffed chickens and I personally would not take a fresh chicken, stuff it and then freeze it.

Sorry - that probably doesn't answer your question re " if it is safe to freeze chickens which have stuffing in them" but I guess it's possibly a matter of what risks one is prepared to take.:-))

lythande1, Dec 8, 2:36am
Of course it is.
Just cook it properly and thaw in fridge first.
Tegel sell stuffed frozen chooks.

mumstu, Dec 8, 4:33am
Yes, its fine.I work in the butchery of a large supermarket and we sell stuffed chooks that can be frozen.Just make sure you thaw well before cooking and cook properly.

cuteviolet, Dec 8, 9:42am
Yes, although sometimes the blood and moisture from the chook soaks into the stuffing, so I actually remove it and if it looks bloody and yucky, put in some new stuffing just before cooking. But each to their own :)