Chocolate self saucing puddings in a mug

sunmum2, Oct 23, 7:01am
Does anyone out there have a decent recipe for this the one I got isn't very good

vampiriousmist, Oct 26, 8:44am
I have one in one of my food mags, though it is not self saucing sorry - No cleo mags in my house . . . Just Food :P

Haveyet to try it myself, but here it is :)

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 T Flour
4T Sugar
2T Cocoa
1 Egg
3T Milk
3 T Alfa one rice bran oil (guess you can use anouther, thats just what the recipe is from)
3TChocolate Chips(optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 Large Coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well.Add the egg and mix thoughraly.Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.Add the chocolate Chips(if using) and vanilla extract , and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 mins at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but dont be alarmed ! Allow to cool for a little and tip onto a plate if desired .

Hope this works :)

bambi58, Oct 26, 10:41am
This one is really yummy - I've adapted it to be self-saucing.
1/4 C Flour
1/4 C Sugar
2 tsp Cocoa
2 Tbsp Oil
3 Tbsp Water
Sauce
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cocoa
2 Tbsp boiling water
Mix first 5 ingredients all together in mug.
For sauce - mix sugar & cocoa, sprinkle on top of batter. Carefully add boiling water.
Microwave 3 mins.
Enjoy!
I've added a little cinnamon to the sauce, and a little vanilla ess to the batter, to change things around sometimes. It's a really nice dessert!

vampiriousmist, Oct 28, 3:05am
I want to make that now Bambi !

vampiriousmist, Oct 28, 5:33am
One word. WOWjust made your recipe for dessert bambi and it is delicious ! Just enough for one sweet serving so you dont over indulge ! Now I have to be careful I dont make anouther cup . . . :P

deedonk, Oct 29, 1:35am
Recipes.stolen! LOL. Thanks.

paulaj1, Oct 29, 7:02am
Made recipe and found it a wee bit heavy. Thought changing flour to self raising would make it lighter.

arabella33, Dec 3, 9:27am
Bump !

susievb, Dec 3, 7:33pm
The one I use is:
3 Tbs flour
2tsp cocoa
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp oil
3Tbs water
1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients together ( I use a soup mug as I find it easier, and it has space to add ice cream on top to make it a pudding)
Then add the wet ingredients and mix. Cook for 2-3 mins in the microwave.

susievb, Dec 3, 7:59pm
Did not read title properly as mine is not self saucing, but I just add a dash of milk if needed once cooked.

lucky1989, Dec 7, 7:14am
lol wonder what on earth happenned to mine, only variation was self raising gluten free flour, but it bubbled everywhere, the oil separated out, and the wee gooey bit i tryed chewed up to be like hard candy! Oh and iv burnt my tongue lol disaster to the point i cant wash the spoon or cup both are throw aways :/