Alison Holst Lasagne?

jessie981, Sep 28, 3:31am
anyone got the simple recipe where you don't have to brown the meat please.

seaspray1, Sep 28, 3:45am
x5
Lazy Lasagne by Alison Holst cooked in the microwave
500g mince
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 teasp dried basil
1 teasp dried oregano
1 can (425g) tomato puree
2 tabs tomato concentrate
1 packet tomato soup
2 teasp beef stock granules
1 1/2 cups hot water
lasagne sheets (dried or fresh)
1 cups grated cheese
2 teasp cornflour
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
paprika
Mix first 9 ingredients. spray or butter lasgne dish. Pour in 1/3 meat mix. Then cover with lasagne, then sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat. Then cover with remaining meat. Cover dish and microwave on high for 30 minutes. Mix remaining cheese, egg, cornflour and milk. Pour over cooked mixture evenly. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover again and microwave at 50% for 10 minutes. Leave to stand 15-30 minutes before serving.

Note - microwaves are much more high powered than when this book published - 20 minutes would be amply.I always start with a lasagne sheet on the bottom - makes serving sooooo much easier.

gertie, Sep 28, 3:48am
This is the one I make.LAZY LASAGNE Alison Holst
500g minced beef, 2 cloves crushed agrlic, 1tsp dried basil, 1tsp oreganum, 425g can tomato puree, 2 Tbsp tomato paste, 1 packet tomato soup, 2 tsp beef stock powder. 1 1/2 cups hot water, 150g lasagne noodles, 2 c grated cheese, 2tsp cornflour, 1 egg, 3/4 c milk, paprika.Mix the first nine ingredients together. spray a 23cm square dish line with some noodles(uncooked) pour over 1/3 jof the meat mix sprinkle with some cheese. Do these layers a couple more times finishing with grated cheese. .

gertie, Sep 28, 3:53am
cover the dish and microwave at full power for 30 minutes,Mix remaining cheese with the cornflour and milk, and an egg, pour over cooked lasagne sprinle with paprika and cover and cook at 50% power for 15 minutes. Leave to stand for 30 minutes before serving

gertie, Sep 28, 3:54am
x1
SNAP!

karenz, Sep 28, 5:53am
Sounds revolting, surely the microwave would just boil the meat, plus it would a hideous grey colour wouldn't it!

gertie, Sep 28, 6:14am
I add extra herbs and a bit of dried cumin and corriander to spice it up a bit but it is the best and most fuss free lasagne recipe I've come across. It always stays together and the colour is fine imop

poppie3, Sep 28, 6:20am
500gm mince, mixed with 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1 can of tomatoe puree, tsp dried basil, tsp dreid oregano, 2 cloves of garlic minced, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all togetherand add 1 cup of boiling water with an oxo cube dissolved. Then layer in a deep dish with meat mix, pasta, grated cheese or a chees sauce, ending with the mince. 180 for 45 min. Done!

jessie981, Sep 28, 8:17am
Thanks all, can it be cooked in the oven! Don't do microwave cooking.

245sam, Sep 28, 8:21am
jessie981, I have seen oven-cooking instructions for Alison Holst's Lasagne which is very similar to this one that I make.

EASY LASAGNE - recipe from a Maggi soup mix packet
500g minced beef
1 x 32g packet onion soup mix
1 dssp beef stock powder
¾ tsp each ofdried basilanddried oreganum
1 x 425g can tomato puree
1 cup water
150g small lasagne noodles, uncooked
¾ cup hot water
1 egg
1 tsp cornflour
½ cup milk
1 cup grated cheese

In a large bowl thoroughly mix the minced beef, soup mix, stock powder, basil and oreganum, tomato puree and water.Spread one-third of the mixture in a 23cm square baking dish and ½ of the lasagne noodles on top.Cover with another third of the meat mixture, then the remaining lasagne noodles.To the remaining meat mixture, add and mix in the ¾ cup hot water.Pour this mixture evenly over the lasagne.
Bake, uncovered, at180°Cfor50 minutes, then turn the oven off.Mix together, then spread over the hot lasagne the egg, cornflour, milk and grated cheese.Return the dish to the oven for a further 10 minutes to allow the topping to set.
Serves 6.:-))

jessie981, Sep 28, 9:16am
sounds like the one friend was talking about. Remember she said "you don't even have to make the cheese sauce".