Is there any good lasagne

mzsmiff, Sep 13, 9:04am
makers out there I am looking for a nice recipe (non spicy) please

ksam, Sep 14, 1:51am
Alison Holst does one called Lazy lasagne, and it's good. You might have to google the recipe, as we have moved and all the books are packed away.

fee1965, Sep 14, 4:00am
I always get my guests scoffing seconds with this:
(serves 6)

400g Premium Beef Mince400g Pork Mince (or you can use chicken, or use all beef)
4 Cloves chopped Garlic1 Onion finely chopped
Black Pepper & Salt2 tsp dried Italian Herbs (or just oregano)
Large Handful of chopped fresh Basil (do not chop until the end)
1 Glass red wineOlive oil (for sautéing onions)
4 stalks of fresh Thyme (optional)3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 x 440g Cans tomatoes – I use chopped with Basil and oregano
¼ Cup Tomato PureeWater (only to add if too thick)
1. Sauté onion in oil until a little soft – do not colour.Add garlic and stir for 1 min.Add mince and keep mixing and cooking until it’s all broken up and cooked.
2. Add tomato paste and stir well, cook for about 1 min over moderate tohigh heat.Add red wine and give a good stir.
3. Add puree and tinned tomatoes and mix well.Salt and pepper generously now and add dried herbs.(Fresh herbs get added at the end).
4. Add some water now if it seems too thick, it will thicken as it cooks also so maybe add ¼ - ½ Cup water if needed.
5. Reduce heat and let this cook for about 30 mins to 1 hour.Longer if you wish, stir and keep covered.
6. Chop basil and stir through.Sauce is now ready for layering.I use a standard cheese sauce and fresh lasagne sheets.Meat sauce 1st layer, then a drizzle of cheese sauce then a sheet of lasagne.Repeat as many times as you wish, ending on a meat layer with cheese sauce then a sprinkle of grated cheese on top.I sprinkle some parmesan on top also.
7. Cook uncovered for 45 mins (approx, or until it bubbles up and is golden) on 180c.

korbo, Sep 14, 7:40pm
fee, that is the one i use, so devine, and my mouth is watering as i type...it has more flavour than the quick microwave ones. is it an alison holst recipe.?????

fee1965, Sep 15, 4:20am
no - my own, after having many a bad lasagne i took the basic ingreditents and just added a few things along the years.

bisloy, Sep 15, 9:54am
Sounds great! Can I use dried lasagne pasta shapes?

fee1965, Sep 16, 12:16am
I used fresh lasagne sheets, but have also used dried, still comes out great.

alig65, Sep 16, 3:55am
This is so easy and no need to cook lasagne and mince beforehand, I used to have to make this by the meatdish full as my kids loved it!!

darlingmole, Sep 16, 5:50am
I agree Alison Holsts lazy lasagne is very quick & easy but has anyone noticed that the texture is actually like meatloaf? (ie rather dense rather than more softer and fluid) or is that just me being fussy/pendantic???...

darlingmole, Mar 23, 7:17am
One more thing ~ after your last lasagne sheet layer softened cream cheese and paste it on top before adding your bechamel or cheese sauce ... totally forget the diet but look forward to gastronomic heaven~!