Recipe for deviled sausages

niffer13, Oct 1, 3:33am
I like the flavour of deviled sausages using a pkt BUT I don't like the . Additives that are always in these pkts. We must beable to make from scratch. The grand children love them & would like to beable to make a healthy dish when they come to stay

karenz, Oct 1, 3:54am
Here is a good recipe, great name for a website too
http://brokeandstarving.com/647/deviled-sausages-with-apple/

245sam, Oct 2, 1:15am
x1
Alison Holst's DEVILLED SAUSAGES
For 4-6 servings:
8-12 sausages (about 500g-600g)
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp each ofdry mustardandcelery salt
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp each ofsoya sauceandwine vinegar
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
1 large onion
1-2 green-skinned apples

Separate the sausages.
In an ovenware dish or a small roasting pan in which they will fit in one layer, mix the (LEVEL) spoons of sugar, cornflour, mustard, celery salt and salt.Add the liquids and stir until smooth.
Chop the peeled onion and the unpeeled but cored apple(s) into 1 cm cubes and stir into the mixture.
Place the sausages in one layer in the pan and cover tightly with a lid or foil.
Bake in a preheated oven at180°Cfor1 hour or at170°Cfor1½ hours, turning the sausages in the sauce once or twice during this time.
Stir in ½ cup of extra liquid (water, beer or wine) before serving if sauce is thicker than you like.
Serve on rice, with baked or mashed potatoes, and beans or broccoli.
Variations:
• 1 tsp of ground cumin, added with the mustard, is delicious.
• Replace the tomato paste, vinegar and 1 tbsp brown sugar with ¼ cup tomato sauce, if you do not have tomato paste.
• Add more sauce at the end of the cooking time if the sauce is not tangy enough.
• Instead of baking, cook in a large covered fry pan for 20-30 minutes, after browning the sausages first.:-))

jessie981, Oct 2, 2:33am
Take your pick

i do a basic sausage casserole, add granny smith apples, tom sauce, dry mustard, beef stock. & whatever else. Cover & cook approx 1hr.
http://www.google.co.in/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=1&cp=10&gs_id=12&xhr=t&q=devilled+sausages&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=devilled+s&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=9f16e79060c3559d&biw=1366&bih=620