Cup cakes

vtec_babe, Oct 3, 9:40pm
I had an amazing moist and yummy recipe for cupcakes that came out perfect every time with out fail and I have lost it can you share your one!

245sam, Oct 3, 9:49pm
vtec_babe, the following recipe has been a very popular one here on the Recipes MB.

"Best Ever Cupcakes
2 eggs, cream, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 3/4c caster sugar, 1 c self raising flour.
Crack eggs into a 250ml measuring jug then fill to the top with cream. Transfer to a bowl and beat with electic beaters for 1 minute. Add vanilla and sugar, beat 3 minutes. Fold in flour gently with wooden spoon. Spoon mix into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases. Bake @ 180°C for approx, 15-20mins until light golden and cooked. Cook and ice with your favourite icing.
posted by rkcroft":-))

kiwitrish, Oct 3, 9:53pm
Best one for me is Nigellas cup cake recipe.

sarahb5, Oct 3, 9:56pm
What she said .

sarahb5, Oct 3, 9:57pm
NIGELLA’S CUPCAKES

Ingredients

125g self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
125g soft unsalted butter
2 eggs
Half a teaspoon real vanilla extract (I used vanilla essence)
(At this stage I added some mixed spice and cinnamon)
Approximately 2 tablespoons milk (maybe more as you need to make it into a dropping consistency)

1 x 12-bun muffin tin
12 muffin papers

Preheat the oven to 200C and line the tin with the muffin cases.

It couldn't be simpler to make cup cakes: just put all the ingredients except for the milk in the processor and then blitz till smooth.

Pulse while adding milk, to make for a soft, dropping consistency, down the funnel.

I know it looks as if you'll never make this scant mixture fit 12 bun cases, but you will. I promise you this mixture is exactly right to make the 12 cup cakes, so just spoon and scrape the stuff in, trying to fill each case equally, judging by eye only of course.

Put in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cup cakes are cooked and golden on top. As soon as bearable, take the cup cakes in their cases out of the tin and let cool, right way up, on a wire rack.

bev00, Dec 16, 10:20am
MIRACLE CAKES
1 c flour, 1t baking powder, 1t baking soda, 1/4t salt, 1T Cocoa, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c milk, 2T golden syrup, 55gm melted butter, 1 beaten egg.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cocoa. Add sugar & mix lightly. In a pot, warm milk, golden syrup and then add melted butter & beaten egg. Add to dry ingredients and mix together. 3/4 fill cupcake cases. Bake 180C for 10-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

fendi3, Dec 16, 10:55am
I am spoilt as my shop is right next to the most amazing cupcake store here in Wgtn so buy them as opposed to baking them! Yes I know very lazy but when you open the door on a murky morning in welly & the most divine smell is wafting thru your shop.

ngacooky, Dec 16, 5:45pm
i made some red velvet ones the other day and they didnt last long

ringtiger, Dec 17, 5:45am
how long do you cook sml cupcakes for i have a 12 cup tin thanks

shop_tiludrop, Dec 17, 6:00am
My daughter makes awsome cupcakes and yes we are cheats, we buy the packet mix $2 and everytime she makes them for something people comment how wonderful they are. She is a real wizz at decorating them to.

ngacooky, Dec 17, 7:48am
15-20 mins approx. when the top is touched it should spring back when its cooked
OR
are you making mini cupcakes ! try 10-12 mins

ringtiger, Dec 18, 5:08am
thankyou merry xmas