Creamy chicken pasta recipe

kiwitel, Sep 9, 8:24pm
Hi- I have a smoked chicken and am looking for a creamy pasta recipe. I tried the search function with no luck. Not sure whether to buy sour cream, cream, creme fraise! to use in the sauce or what is best!
Any help appreciated.

kiwitel, Sep 9, 8:24pm
Hi- I have a smoked chicken and am looking for a creamy pasta recipe. I tried the search function with no luck. Not sure whether to buy sour cream, cream, creme fraiche! to use in the sauce or what is best!
Any help appreciated.

dkebab1, Sep 9, 8:48pm
I make a creamy mushroom pasta dish using a packet of Mushroom soup and reduced cream.
I brown chicken, with extra mushrooms and onion. mix up soup mix with half amount of water, and simmer, when almost done add tin of reduce cream, season, and mix in pasta so it is coated with sauce.

wachael1, Sep 10, 5:33am
Prob too late now but this is a really old Food in a Minute recipe (back when they were actual recipes!) using smoked chicken and pasta - it is delicious.Could be a good one for next time.

http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Creamy-Smoked-Chicken-and-Chive-Fettuccini

kiwitel, Sep 10, 5:37am
I am now not making it until tomorrow night as I have been sick and thought I would feel better tonight- but I am not. I hope to feel better tomorrow to get to the supermarket for a few extras. Thanks for the recipes.

pinky10, Sep 10, 6:40am
We just finished a delicious pasta, used fresh fettucine, five brothers carbonara sauce, bacon, baby spinach and chicken which had been marinated in lemon, parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic. The lemon really lifted the dish.

nadineb, Sep 10, 10:39am
Smoked chicken and pasta
1 Tegel Manuka Smoked Original Whole Chicken, 1.1kg, deboned and diced
1 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
250g pot cream cheese
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
1 red capsicum, diced
Salt & pepper to season
Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and mushrooms, and fry lightly until softened. Add cream cheese and milk and stir until mixed.
Add the Tegel smoked chicken, chopped spinach and diced capsicum, and lightly simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat until the chicken is warmed through.
Season with salt & pepper, and spoon over your favourite pasta.

clgodkin, Sep 10, 10:40am
I have a friend that always uses a mild blue vein cheese in her chicken pasta sauce. Simply divine!