Sheffield microwave convection with breadmaker

Page 1 / 2
andrew499, Sep 8, 9:23pm
Hi there.
I believe at least one person who contributes to this forum has one of these.I saw one yesterday and was very impressed.Just wondering how well these units perform, as I'm seriously considering purchasing one.Any help would be gladly received.
Cheers

toadfish, Sep 8, 9:27pm
I think its Sarahb.

I just googled one and you can get one for $330.I need a micorwave for an outside building that wont't have any other cooking facilities.Think if Sarahb thinks its good (nothing beats a personal reccomendation as all the website info is aimed at selling them), might me a great option for me,
Would love to know how the bread maker option fits in with it all.

sarahb5, Sep 8, 11:06pm
I have and it's awesome - microwave is just a microwave but does everything I need it to do.I love the breadmaker part though!You take out the turntable, the "ring" and the spindle in the middle and fit the bread maker "tin" into the whole so that it turns.Easy peasy.The instructions that come with it are a bit basic but they're good enough to start with and then if you find you use the breadmaker there are heaps of great recipes on here - village.green's 5 seed loaf is yummy.I don't have room in my kitchen for a separate breadmaker but I've wanted one for ages.Haven't used the convection oven part yet but the grill is good too - our grill is in the oven so if I'm using the oven I can't grill as well - used it yesterday to grill the top of my cauliflower cheese and worked a treat.

andrew499, Sep 9, 8:12am
Hi Sarah.It sounds like a greatmachine.What accessories did you get with the oven!Things like racks etc!
Cheers

sarahb5, Sep 9, 9:47am
Hmm - the breadmaker tin and the paddle that goes in it, a measuring cup and measuring spoon, a tool for removing the paddle if it gets stuck in the bread and a wire rack which I think you're supposed to use to lift dishes closer to the grill.That's it.

mwood, Sep 9, 11:38pm
How do you get the hot Bread Baking Pan out of the oven - "carefully" !

sarahb5, Sep 9, 11:49pm
With oven gloves - and no the paddle doesn't stick either in the bread or in the pan or at least it hasn't yet and I use it about 3 times a week

sarahb5, Sep 9, 11:53pm
x1
The breadmaker instructions are basic but easy to follow - just a question of pressing a few buttons.For example, I made a basic white loaf yesterday for kids lunches so I pressed the breadmaker button, then chose my recipe by pressing the confirm button, turned the dial 2 clicks to choose the size of loaf, pressed the confirm button, then 2 more clicks to choose the crust colour, confirm and then pressed confirm again to start it off - not difficult at all and I don't need to read the instruction booklet anymore.I use all in one recipes for my bread but it does beep so you can add stuff after the dough is mixed if you want to.Also has dough programme if you just want to make the dough.I've never owned a stand-alone breadmaker so don't know if this is more complicated or not but I find it easy to use, convenient and best of all it makes great bread!

toadfish, Sep 10, 12:18am
Just curious -how long start to finish for a white loaf!Its 4 hours in my breadmaker or 3 hour on the quick cycle.

sarahb5, Sep 10, 1:11am
3 hours 45 minutes - that's for an 800g loaf

mwood, Sep 10, 1:23am
OK if it isn't in the bread or in the pan then where is it ! LOL pls share your recipe and I'll try it in my 1/2 price from Farmers Goldair breadmaker and post a Field Report.

sarahb5, Sep 10, 2:05am
I'm not sure what you're getting at - the paddle is removable and fits on a spindle at the bottom of the breadmaker tin.When I remove my bread from the tin the paddle stays on the spindle and I pull it out to wash it.

Bread recipes are in the instruction booklet which I don't have with me but I've used village.green's 5 seed loaf in it successfully and also this one for sultana bread:

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/2142/sultana-loaf.aspx

sarahb5, Sep 10, 2:05am
Where do you think the paddle will stick!

mwood, Sep 10, 4:06am
We are iterating here LOL - in the bread of course - my observation was based on the shape of that paddle as my simpler one sticks in my Goldair made bread - I asked for your recipe etc so I could check to see if mine also stuck in the bread I was going to make with your recipe - a softer crust maybe ! for example.

sarahb5, Sep 10, 4:10am
But the paddle doesn't get stuck in the bread .The sultana loaf I have made every week since I got the microwave and the paddle has never stuck in it once.

squeakygirl, Sep 19, 10:29pm
I have just got one of these. The instruction book is abysmal. No recipes except for the bread ones and no low rack either. Do you remove the glass plate for convection cooking! Any tips, recipes etc would be appreciated.

sarahb5, Sep 20, 3:41am
What do you want/need a low rack for!I assumed the rack was only to raise food up to reach the grill.I haven't used the convection option yet.I find the bread recipes straightforward enough - they're basic but easy to adapt to something more interesting or just use the dough function.The 5 seed loaf posted by village.green works well and I just googled for more recipes for what I wanted.

sarahb5, Sep 20, 3:43am

squeakygirl, Sep 20, 3:53am
The grill rack that comes with it is too high to do a roast or anything on. The bread part is ok, I have that sorted. I had already seen the youtube thing but thanks for your help anyway. I got a much more detailed book with my new toaster!

sarahb5, Sep 20, 4:19am
I didn't think the grill rack was for a roast anyway - definitely thought it was for grilling.If I was roasting my roast would be a roasting dish and yes, I'd be using the turntable.Must try it sometime .

squeakygirl, Sep 20, 6:27am
I think it must be right to use the turntable. I had a sharp one a few years ago and in that you put the roasting dish on a low rack. Let me know how it goes when you try it.

squeakygirl, Sep 20, 6:28am
By the way, the paddle did not stick in the bread - it came out clean as a whistle.

sarahb5, Sep 20, 6:40am
I used to roast a chicken in my Sharp Carousel and just put the baking dish on the turntable - will give it a go in this one some time

squeakygirl, Sep 23, 11:58pm
I've discovered one thing - the breadmaker doesn't work if the clock is not set!

sarahb5, Sep 24, 12:19am
Will bear that in mind but the clock is always set on ours - it's the only clock in the house that shows the right time!