It's a Pork and Bean Chilli kind of day.

mazzy1, Sep 8, 3:50am
Persisting down with rain here - amazingly! This recipe won't stop the wind where you are today - in fact it might even give you a bit more - lol - but it's delicious!

Pork and Bean Chili

4 – 8 servings
500g boneless pork shoulder, diced
1 Tbspn flour
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp coriander
½ tsp oregano
1 Tbspn olive or canola oil
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
2 x 400g can black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
400g can diced tomatoes in juice
330ml bottle lager or beer
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
Sour cream to garnish (optional)
Place the cubed pork in a large bowl, then add the flour, spices and oregano and toss to combine. Heat oil in a large casserole dish or pan. Add the pork and cook until lightly browned. Lift the pork from the pan and transfer to a bowl. Add the onion and garlic to the casserole and cook, stirring frequently until the onion has softened. Add the pork back to the casserole dish along with the rinsed and drained beans, the tomatoes (and juice), beer and salt, then stir to combine.
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 1 ½ hours-2 hours or until the pork is tender, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is very thin, remove the lid and increase the heat a little and cook for a further 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally.
Seasonto taste with pepper and a little additional salt if required, before serving in deep bowls with crusty bread on the side, or over steamed rice. A simple salad makes a good accompaniment too.

gayle6, Sep 8, 4:36am
Yum -thanks for posting.

mazzy1, Sep 8, 5:24am
No worries! I forgot to say that the recipe was courtesy of Otago Daily Times a couple of years ago, but it's one I make on a regular basis. I usually put extra chilli in - my man likes it hot! :-D

ferrit47, Sep 8, 11:42pm
Yes its abit Chilly outside today along with the rain too !