Bolar Beef roast

christopher53, Apr 17, 3:48am
I have a small piece of Bolar beef to roast. I thought doing it in a oven bag would be good. Has anyone done this and what time and temp etc. cheers

bidz, Apr 17, 4:05am
Not sure what time you eat but I did a bolar roast in the crockpot the other day and it was terrific. I did a search on here for bolar roast and up came the recipe. Perhaps you could do the same, just put bolar roast and anytime in the search on the left. For mine, I seared it in oil on all four sides after seasoning with loads of s&p and crushed garlic. Then put in crockpot and pour over some balsamic vinegar. Once done, think I did three hours on high, you put the juices in a pot and reduce down to make the gravy, once again seasoning with s&p. Good luck and enjoy.

homelygirl0011, Apr 17, 4:58am
really good, for making into tenderized steaks. .

heather230755, Apr 17, 5:04am
It is definately best cooked in the crockpot. Always moist and full of flavor.

beaker59, Apr 17, 5:05am
Got one just about ready to serve now. Browned it off in the frypan then into crockpot, added a chopped onion and plenty of garlic a branch of freshlypicked Rosemary some fresh Sage and 4 leaves from my Bay tree. put it on just before lunch will serve it with Mash Pumkin and potato and caggagge steamed in butter. With a gravy made from the juices of coarse a very easy meal and Delicious and tender. Edit to add deglazed the pan with a slug of White wine (because there was a part bottle from last night usually I'd use a Red) and tipped that in too.

christopher53, Apr 17, 5:09am
Thanks for the replies. I did want it tonight but will leave it and do it in the crock tomorrow. I have never used this cut before so will be interesting how it goes. It was on special so will give it a go! !

sophia4, Apr 17, 6:04am
I roasted a small one a few weeks back - 160 degrees about, till the juices were the colour I wanted. Sliced thinly and it was great.

tamkimam, Apr 17, 6:31am
HI I only use bolar for roasting. half an hour for every 500gr plus 20 mins if you want it medium rare at 170 degrees. Allow resting time once out of the oven. Fantastic with yorkshire pudding and gravy. And for the more health conscious vegetables :0)

margyr, Apr 17, 7:07am
I did one in an oven bag, rolled the meat in seasoned flour, and put onions, carrot and tomatoes in the bag as well, just had to be careful when lifting it out not to spill contents, I then put all the vege and juices in a pot and thickened with a little flour and water, was definitely juicy and tender. Mind you I did not have a slow cooker then, so cant comment on the slow cooker recipes, have one now so next time I have one I will try it in there.

jag5, Feb 8, 7:04pm
Grind up salt, peper and some fresh herbs if you have them. Roll roast in oil, then cover with mixture. Sear off in roasting pan on element, and brown all over, then pop into hot oven about 180, turn often, test for doneness with skewer. Juices should still be pink. I will never cook a bolar roast any other way now. And the scraping in the pan, (minus any fat) make a yummy gravy.