Where or who can I buy slab cakes & deserts from?

8ofthem, Aug 12, 11:57pm
Hi,
Can someone suggest a place I can buy premade cakes & deserts from please! I am over cooking and baking and just want a easy way so I can enjoy the party. Thanks

sarahb5, Aug 12, 11:58pm
Depends where you live but most supermarkets and bakeries sell slab cakes - not sure I'd want to eat a desert though, might be a bit sandy!

winnie231, Aug 13, 12:06am

kiwitrish, Aug 13, 12:13am
Gilmours or Penguin.

sarahb5, Aug 13, 12:19am
Can you buy from Bidvest if you're not in the hospitality or similar industry!

geldof, Aug 13, 12:21am
Apparently you can, Sarah5.My friend goes there all the time.

Same as Gilmours.Cash and carry, but no alcohol without a card.

huia991, Aug 13, 2:41am
Where abouts do you live!I've seen a number of Original Foods slab cakes in different places in Christchurch.
The place I got one from was in Birmingham Drive in Addington and it only cost $18.I've seen it similar for up to $35.They're frozen - but the quality is good - when they thaw they come out so moist and they keep for ages.

kinna54, Aug 13, 4:48am
I have seen them in many of the bulk food places.Not sure whether you have a Toops, Moore Wilson's, Bakels, or something nearby.
Have also seen them in the frozen food factory shops, and believe it or not at some of the butcheries.Prestons etc.
I have even seen them in some of the supermarkets.think it may have been a New World!

miffycat1, Aug 13, 5:11am
What is the nameof this place, in Birmingham Drive !

8ofthem, Aug 13, 6:50am
I live in Te Puke so Ill go and have a look at Gilmours as it is proberly the only place I can access. Thanks for all the suggestions

ange164, Aug 13, 8:46am
FInd out where melba food supply's.
http://www.melbafoods.co.nz/
Their factory is in maleme street Tauranga. They used to have a factory seconds store out the front, but I don't know if they still do. Ring and ask them.

kiwigoldie, Aug 13, 9:50am
we have toops and star foods in the hawkes bay which sells slab cakes and slices.

duckmoon, Aug 13, 10:54am
Moore Wilson

hlblanchett, Aug 13, 11:09am
Klearance Korner, looks like a big cool store on the corner of Birmingham and Annex, almost opposite Magdala Place.Can't miss the signs outside.

chatsmom, Aug 13, 9:02pm
Rangiora Bakery also sells frozen slab cakes, cheesecakes & shortcakes.

engineer_andrew, Mar 27, 11:05pm
Klearance Korner moved premices about a year ago. I think I heard someone mention that they went to Wordsworth Street.

Can someone please confirm this.

guest, Jan 11, 12:56pm
I love reading these articles because they're short but inetrmaoivf.

guest, Jan 13, 2:20pm
because children have to find out for telesehvms if something is scary or not, or they'll stay scared of things their whole life. Especially if a mother hugs them for every little scary thing.